Monday, March 1, 2010

Annoyed over a deodorant


I am sitting here completely annoyed over the fact that I ruined a perfectly good (and brand new) deodorant. I was puttering around my room, unpacking from my trip and trying to get ready for a LONG day of class tomorrow (and I was avoiding studying for my exam). I decided to open up the deodorant I just purchased and get it all ready for morning. You know how you have to click it about a hundred times before any products comes through the little holes? So I sat there, click click clicking while watching the Bachelor make his "hardest decision ever" when the stuff starts oozing through. Already having deodorant on, I did what any sensible person would do... took a cotton pad to wipe up the excess off the top.

STOP!

DO NOT REPEAT AT HOME!

Talk about an utter fail. The top of the bottle looks like it has sprouted feathers. I literally have a chicken sitting on top of my deodorant. The cotton ball stuck to that bottle like I had tar and feathered it. I tried wiping it clean with a wet wash cloth - it only served to make matters worse.

On another annoying note, Kroger brand cotton pads are absolutely horrible. They are very, very stringy and fuzzy. I wouldn't recommend trying to be a cheapie there (like myself).

I have been trying to save money lately, which probably is why I am so annoyed over my new pet chicken and Mr. Fuzz pads. I need to start project 10 pan. Project 10 lush has begun. See 2 posts below for more info on these. My first lush item used? Gnome Name Bubble Bar. Do I recommend it? Errr.... probably not. Here is my mini review:

Gnome Name: from the Christmas collection, which comes out every year. This bubble bar turned my water red (which was more creepy than festive) and made lots of lush, white bubbles, no pun intended. It had a nice, light smell, but it wasn't as fragrant as some other lush products I have used. I used it just like a regular bubble bar, crumbling it under the running water until it was all dissolved. Would I repurchase? Probably not... just because of the creepy red water. As a reader observed... "Looks like the little guy died in there".

Elle Fowler

28 comments on "Annoyed over a deodorant"

Lauren on March 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM said...

Hi Elle,

Something you can try to get rid of the icky mess on the top of your deodorant... take a plastic butter knife and scrape off the top.

Good as new!

LC

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing once, but with a perfectly good mascara- saw that it had mascara around the opening of the rim and wiped it off with a cotton pad. Well, you guessed it, shredded cottom stuck in the opening of the mascara tube, somewhat inside of the tube, just a huge mess. Terrible!

Unknown on March 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM said...

That has happend to me before with my deodorant and this time, they like to break apart on me when I'm almost done with it and I have to toss it since I cannot deal with the pieces of the deodorant. It does sound creepy that your Gnome Name Bubble Bar turned your bath water red.

Chelsea on March 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM said...

I totally agree about the Gnome bar! Its sooo cute & then it turns your water like blood red! Its like the poor lil guy died! Good luck with project 10 pan! <3

Annaverseable on March 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM said...

The satsuma (satsumo?) santa bath bomb did the same thing to my water. It smelled great, but the water color really creeped me out. I kept thinking it looked like someone had bled into my bath.

Courtney on March 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM said...

I used the satsumo santa bath bomb one day and it turned the water red. It really freaked out! Looked like I had sliced my wrists.

lexi_lala90 said...

haha yeah something similar happened to me when i used the satsumo santa bath bomb except there were no bubbles... O_o i was just sitting in red water lol i got kinda creeped out it reminded me of Carrie

Lo on March 1, 2010 at 11:34 PM said...

Haha well I bet you never thought you would have a pet chicken! Bear may be jealous...
Excited to see your Project 10 Lush starting, you should definitely document it!

Marie on March 1, 2010 at 11:37 PM said...

I'm glad I didn't buy that item. :D Loving the B Electro though.:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Heather! said...

It was okay. I guess I would only use it when I'm on my time of the month! <--- Very immature ahahah!

Anonymous said...

Now that you have a pet chicken, you might as well give her a name... LOL Chandler and Joey (from Friends) also had a pet chicken. Are you by any chance planning on getting a duck too? LOL <3

Brandie Lynn on March 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM said...

I would have suggested using something to actually scrape the deodorant, which you could still prolly do. Good like with your Project 10 pan/lush!

Jordy on March 2, 2010 at 1:41 AM said...

I hate it when you ruin brand new products!! Yer im not sure if i want creepy red bath water either...

Anonymous said...

hi elle =) i follow you here, on youtube and on twitter, you're so funny and nice!
i'm opening a blog too, but how can i make a beautiful layout as yours??? can you help me? thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nail varnish remover. Dab it :)

Jessica on March 2, 2010 at 7:13 AM said...

Costco sells these big packs of premium cotton rounds.... they honestly feel like fabric and don't lint at ALL! Plus they are organic :)

Devea on March 2, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

So sorry about your deodorant
....that must be quite annoying!!

That gnome bar sounds borderline creepy!

http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

Cali C on March 2, 2010 at 9:12 AM said...

Don't feel bad, I ruin a lot of things. I lost my favorite lipgloss and have no idea where the heck it is! It's life. :/

My blog...
http://www.timelessfashionista.net/

AmandaQ said...

Hahaha poor Elle & her deodorant! I love reading your blogs! You have such a way with words & you're so good at describing things. I'm always like oh, what is she going to say next? Even if it's just about something silly like deodorant. You should write a book one day!!

Anonymous said...

LoL so funny =)

Logan on March 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

Hmmm..red water is something I am not interested in..I just did a review on the "big blue" bath bomb and it turned the water a really pretty turquoise color, which I liked. Although it did look like I rolled around in mulch or something because of the seaweed at the bottom of my tub. haha Have you used that one?

roxana on March 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM said...

oh my gosh elle, your hilarious!
get sense of humor!
loves it.

xoxo.

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM said...

i have a deordent like that it sucks it runs out quickly and i takes forever to dry

kami girl on March 3, 2010 at 2:09 AM said...

LOL good review on the bubble bar! and sorry to hear about the deodorant incident! it happens!

Cristina on March 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

You can try using a knife, but I suggest you use a razorblade and... cut the chicken off :P

Janna on March 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

i hate the dyes in bathproducts! sometimes you'll feel like a bathtub murder, sometimes like you are sitting in a giant blue bowl of toilet cleanser... gah! (:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elle! i ABSOLUTLEY LOVVE YOUR VIDEOS AND BLOGS! ( maybe i should turn off caps lock?) Anyway, I have a youtube account and my name is RazberryGirlz. I justed started a month or two ago , but am having trouble.. So yah!!
my blog:
www.razberriez.com

kenna said...

elle, you can try the no-name paper towels. that should help. it that doesn't help, try using a wet cloth.

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b