Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Lush Item Down!


Continuing with Project 10 Lush, I have used up a second product. This one took me two baths to use up, since I broke it in half. And it is.... (da da da DA!)






My thoughts? It's a bit pricey at $7.65, even for two baths. That's almost 4 dollars a bath. That being said, I really did enjoy this one. It smells like my favorite soap from lush, Honey I Washed The Kids, all honey and sweetness. It made a ton of bubbles that filled up my bath and lasted while I read my book (The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown). One weird thing though - the brown side kind of crumbled up on the bottom of my tub, I had to keep smooshing the pieces so they would dissolve and make more bubbles. Would I repurchase? Probably at some point in the future I will, but for now I will keep chugging along with Project 10 Lush. I did enjoy this one very much, as honey is one of my very favorite scents in bath land :) I recommend using this one at night, since it is quite soft and soothing smelling.

So that is 2 lush products down, 8 to go. I am currently using up my second therapy massage bar, which I have a review on here, and a soap from Christmas - Angel's Delight, which I quite like. I will review each product as I finish it up. I am already planning which items I wish to purchase when Project 10 Lush is over, which is probably bad of me since the whole reason I am doing this project is because I have accumulated too many products. However, I really want to try out a hair product or two and maybe ocean salt scrub for the summer. If there are any products you absolutely love and haven't heard me talk about, let me know so I can give them a try!

On a quite different note, the Bachelor, "Jason and Molly's Wedding" was on last night. I was not able to catch it on TV, but I'm thinking of watching it online - was it worth it? They were not my favorite couple, but I do love weddings! Anyone who saw it - let me know what you think.

Elle Fowler

38 comments on "Another Lush Item Down!"

Saz on March 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM said...

I'm not sure what products you've already tried or not, but when I had blonde hair I LOVED using 'Marilyn' hair treatment! It always made my hair so soft and shiny and really spruced up my hair when it was looking dull. I'd really recommend you try it!

Anonymous said...

Watch the wedding, it was awesome. It makes me want to get married someday now! Haha I like Jason and molly though they're right for each other despite what he did to melissa ha which is the reason I assume u don't like them?-megan

Unknown on March 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

,I really enjoy their solid shampoo. I also like their jungle cond. I think they make a kind just for blonds too.

MorganaaFCS on March 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

Hi! I just red that you made 2 bath out of your bubble bar while you can easily make 6 out of it! You really need a little to have a nice bath with enough bubbles.

As for the fav' products : for hair I'm a sucker for Big shampoo (OMG XD) and Jungle conditionner

Anonymous said...

hey you should really try honey i washed the kids solid perfume! it smells amazing.. oh but i guess you should try it after project 10 lush!

Garden Cake Party on March 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM said...

I have to agree with Morganaa, I had 5 baths with just one ma bar. I loved it, the white side smelled great. My fav, as in scent though, would be karma, very citrusy and fresh.

Anonymous said...

I have started making my own "lush inspired" products and it's so much fun and way cheaper! Check out recipes online if your interested ;)

Anonymous said...

elle the wedding was okay, but i would kill for the shoes the bride(smaids) had!

<3

xxkatiexx4650 on March 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

Hey, Elle thanks for the review, I really want to try the bubblebar. As for the wedding, Jason and Molly weren't my favorite couple either, but I love weddings too and I say it's worth watching because it really was a gorgeous wedding. They also show a lot of background information on Jason and Molly's relationship plus news from other couples, so you could skip that if you wanted. They also include some of the wedding planning plus the bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Marilyn hair treatment too!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your reviews! They are so helpful... I would give this one a try, but I dont love the super sweet smelling bubble bars.
After you finish Project 10, will you give Lush's The Blonde a go? I just used it (and was a little disappointed), so I'd love to hear what you think!

P.S. I havent seen the wedding either.. Im most definitely going to though :)


--Becky

Anonymous said...

where do you watch the bachelor online?

Alexis said...

Hey elle!

Ocean Salt is fantastic, however it usually makes my skin sting a little after. I dont have sensitive skin per se, but i would recommend using ocean salt only once or twice a week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Elle!

You and your sister are awesome! I love all of your vids and you guys have made me like actually know what Im doing in the makeup world! I hope to start making beauty vids of my own one day but my father is really strict so :(
But congrats on the 10 pan lush thingy! I could never do that! I am a lush junkie (thanks to you guys-in a good way!!!) and Im completely in love with it so I dont think I could survive without buying a lush thing until 10 of mine run out.

Anonymous said...

If you're a Bachelor fan, I'd watch it. It was a beautiful wedding. I wasn't a huge fan of Jason after he dumped Melissa, and wasn't even a big Molly fan during her season, but these two seem happy together. And you get to see some past Bachelor couples.

Bethany on March 9, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

The Ocean Salt Scrub is a great scrub - but can be harsh and you have sensitive skin. That being said the more water you mix it with, the more the salt dissolves and the less harsh it is.
Why it’s good: It has a lot of particles and it will take forever to use up that huge tub. It’s a great scrub.

I don't have particularly sensitive skin and can find it a little stinging at times.

I would recommend getting a sample first and see if it is right for you.

Lydia on March 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM said...

Lush's H'Suan Wen Hua hair treatment is my favourite. It is a deep conditioner that you apply to dry hair before you shampoo and condition it. It is also said to encourage hair growth x

Anonymous said...

All my Lush products spoiled. Started falling apart (no I didn't store them in the bathroom) and started smelling fowl. I threw away 5 soaps even Honey I washed the Kids soap and I used Ocean Salt on my feet to exfoliate and it gave me a rash! Lush is disgusting! I don't know why everyone on youtube likes it so much! Total waste of money for me.

rachael said...

Who is/was your favorite Bachelor/ette couple? I watched the wedding and loved it, ive always loved jason since he was 1st on the show! They are adorable and so in love!

Anonymous said...

Just because lush didn't work for you or you didn't like it doesn't mean that other people don't love it.

Anonymous said...

OMG
ELLE!!!

TRY THE BIG SHAMPOO!!!!
ITS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER--THE VOLUME IT GIVES YOU IS UNBELIEVABLE AND YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT!!!!

keep the posts coming, please!

TheShyOne on March 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

You seem to know alot about so much. Would love to know what you think about what I now sell, Stream Airbrush Cosmetics, or Luminess as it is more commonlly called. But now with Stream, private home markets are able to sell this great line of makeup and tanning products. IT is totally water based, no oil and no smell added, no dirty brushes touches your face so helps greatly with breakouts. Here is my Website, hope to hear from you.
https://www.streamcosmetics.com/Emily
Sincerely, Emily

TheShyOne on March 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM said...

Do not know if my commit went through...so, again, I sell Stream Airbrush Cosmetics, same as Luminess and the tanning sprayer..All water based, no oil and no smell. Very cleanest way to use and put on makeup, a new wave of makeup.
Love to see what you think. This is the first wave of people able to get on the ground floor of such a oppertunity to be first. Would love to have you on the team!
Sincerely,
Emily Poole
https://www.streamcosmetics.com/Emily

Unknown on March 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM said...

I really enjoy the solid shampoo and i use jungle too. I'm looking forward to their Easter line that comes out Monday!

Unknown on March 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM said...

HEY ELLE PLEASE DO A ROOM TOURR =) PLEASEE
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASEEE =)XOXO

Goober on March 10, 2010 at 3:43 AM said...

Elle, how'd you feel about Jake choosing Vienna?

i could see he was just waiting for the confirmation from his family to pick vienna, he was such a jerk to tenley though. no sparks after leading her on that whole time, he shouldve just kept his mouth shut and picked vienna in the end

Anonymous said...

i love lush :)

going lush shopping on friday for more goodies yay!

i might try this bar.

LittleMissCherry said...

Lush Products I recommend:

~Bath Bombs~
Honey Bee
Blackberry
Cinders (Christmas product)
Vanilla Fountain

~Bubble Bars~
Creamy Candy
Magic Mushroom
The Comforter

Anonymous said...

If you watch Jason and Molly's wedding, fast forward closer to the ceremony. It's the only part worth watching. :)

I Blow Kisses on March 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM said...

I hated them at the time but the wedding made me love them and it is a gorgeous wedding, the colors are amazing. If for nothing other than the aesthetics I think you will like it.

Lexi said...

Hey Elle,
I saw that you wanted to try the ocean sea salt. Well, I went to Lush for the very first time a few weeks ago and got it. My review: It is very, very rough on my skin!! The lady at lush said she used it on her face, but when I use it on my face, it feels like I am scratching off all my skin. :( I guess I will just stick to using it on my hands or feet..it is really good at removing dead skin!!

addaniel on March 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM said...

I love Lush as well and I might follow in your footsteps with doing 10 Lush since as I got a lot of it over Christmas and would like to use it up so that I can try other ones.

Definitely try the Ocean Salt Scrub, I love it. I use it on my face and it works amazing. When you get it just make sure to stir it up so that you don't get large salt crystals the first time you use it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Elle, definitely watch the wedding! You get to see what the other couples are doing also. Next monday, they have a 20/20 special on the bachelor, so look out for that :)

Anonymous said...

hey elle!
you should really watch the wedding!
it was really good, jason and molly are such a cute couple :)
good luck on your surgeryy!

love your videos!

nadine on March 10, 2010 at 11:26 PM said...

Try the Ocean Salt scrub. I use it for my everyday face wash and it's amazing. It leaves my skin super soft. I never tried it on my body though, just used it strictly on my face.

Andrea on March 11, 2010 at 4:06 AM said...

Hi,,
I also love lush! <3 I used Ocean salt and it was great for my skin but I probably wouldn't recommend it for your skin because if I remebmer correctly you have dry skin,,,I have very oily skin and it worked out for me but maybe it would be too harsh on dry skin,,,
lots of love,,

ProductJunkie86 said...

Elle, from the vids of yours I've watched I would totally NOT recommend Ocean Salt for you. I have sensitive combination skin and I had heard ravs reviews of it so I bought it last week. And all I can say is it was the one and ONLY product I ever brought back to a LUSH store. My face was BEET red after scrubbing (normal pressure, it's not like I attacked myself), and I think $18 is a bit much for a scrub that I would only have been able to use on my feet (I don't think I would even want to use it on my legs pre-shaving or whatever). Anyways I remember you saying that you thought buffy was a bit too abrasive and I would just advise that you ask for a sample of OS before you buy it... hope pan/lush 10 goes well!!!

Zara on May 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM said...

Ocean Salt scrub was not one of my favs. it is the priciest of all the cleansers (no joke check the wesite) and it has simlar effects of that to an exfoliating scrub that you can find at your local drugstore. and for some reason mine always ends up in my mouth which is not to pleasing maybe its just the vodka that's turning me off but i really DO NOT recommend ocean salt.

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b