Thursday, March 25, 2010

Puppy Love


Due to the lack of videos on my channel I decided I would do a blog before curling up with the last few chapters of "The Lost Symbol", which I am quite enjoying. Blair and I just got back from LA late last night, and we slept the entire day today. Our plane got in at midnight last night, and we were supposed to have a cab waiting, but there was none to be found... only a lone stretch hummer party bus. Talk about causing a scene. Blair immediately took up the entire bus so she could stretch out and sleep, so I just sat with all the luggage and tried to listen to music. The radio station was playing a song from the 1800s, so I tried to change it but only succeeded in turning off the entire power system (including the strobe lights), so I decided to leave my technological instincts for YouTube, and didn't mess with it anymore.

Currently I am in bed enjoying my boringly uneventful night. Blair is sleeping beside me (we are at my house) and I have reached the following conclusions:
1) I think Blair has a secret power she has been hiding from all of us. She has the ability to flick a switch in her mind and go to sleep in a second (just like cats do!). It took her all of 20 seconds to go from "Elle, where is your remote?" to being out like a light bulb. I can't even move her. She has about 80% of the bed, leaving me with 20%, which
leads me to conclusion 2.
2) Sharing a full size bed with another full grown human is difficult. I haven't slept in a full with Blair since we were little girls. She is not only a cover hog, she likes to push me off the bed by rolling completely on top of me. She is like a mini sleeping burrito.
3) I have com
pletely fallen into a "I want a puppy" mode. It started when my roommate got an adorable maltipoo puppy (Rollie Pollie Bologna), but increasingly got worse in LA. I fell in love with a Bichon Frise, and I have decided I want one. I'm thinking a bichon would have a better chance at survival than a small dog since she would at least be the size of Bear, and therefore Bear wouldn't be able to eat her (maybe... then again he might).


Speaking of, Mom called me to inform me that Bear had torn down the curtains in Blair's room while we were gone. He doesn't even have claws; I have no idea how he manages these great feats. Mom doesn't understand that he needs stimulation when I am not there for him to bother, and that he was probably just trying to tell her he wants to play in the guinea pig cage, which is his favorite pass time. He and guinea are quite close. Bear doesn't really fit in the cage well, being the size of a lion, but I think he turns on his sloth powers and gets really pliable, and somehow fits. He is essentially made of play doh.

Okay back to important updates:
I am still noodling over the contest and trying to figure out what to do, I might just pick 5 random followers to win since my comments went berserk.
Project 10 pan in the slowest thing in the world, and as of right now I don't recommend it if you want to stay sane.
My eyes are still sore (not terrible but enough that I'm not trying to tug on them or put on a ton of products) so tutorials will have to hold off for a bit longer. I am going to film some non tutorials soon though, send requests to my twitter :)
I am researching all of the eyelash growth serums and I think I want to try lilash once my eyes get completely better - what do you think? Has anyone tried it?

Okay I'm off to move the sleeping burrito and hopefully score at least 10% more bed space. Wish me luck!

xoxo
Elle Fowler

21 comments on "Puppy Love"

Mer on March 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM said...

Your kitty Bear doesnt have any claws? :( Please tell me you didn't have him declawed, and he was that way when you got him?

Anonymous said...

I have a Bichon Frise. He is just the cutest, smartest, and best behaved little dog!. He loves to cuddle and play. I recommend you to get one. Now I have been wanting a Persian Cat. So it's like a switch!
Krish

E. Underland on March 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM said...

Sorry about your sleeping situation...although if it was me and my sister, I would be Blair :)

Angelina Santana on March 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM said...

elle you make me laugh i love readin your blogs!

Sarah~ on March 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM said...

"She is like a mini sleeping burrito." That is the funniest comment ever!

Love your blogs btw, wish you did more!

Katie on March 27, 2010 at 12:28 AM said...

My family was about to buy a Bichon Frise when we stumbled upon the breed Coton de Tulear. It's from the same family as Bichons but they have straight, fluffy hair instead of curly hair. We've had two of these cuties since then and they are the best dogs ever! You should totally check them out! I have a couple videos of them on my YouTube account too, my username is BellaCoton (after my doggie!)

Katie on March 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM said...

My family was about to buy a Bichon Frise when we stumbled upon the breed Coton de Tulear. It's from the same family as Bichons but they have straight, fluffy hair instead of curly hair. We've had two of these cuties since then and they are the best dogs ever! You should totally check them out! I have a couple videos of them on my YouTube account too, my username is BellaCoton (after my doggie!)

Katie on March 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM said...

You should check out Coton de Tulears! They're just like Bichons, but with straight hair! I've had two of them and they're the best dogs ever! My current one is in a couple of my videos (BellaCoton)...you should check them out!

Unknown on March 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM said...

I wouldnt try those eyelash growth serums until theyve been on the market longer. I wonder about long term side effects for putting those chemicals by your eyes.

N on March 27, 2010 at 7:04 AM said...

Your comments are working again! Yay!

I really like reading your blog, it always makes me smile :)

<3

http://thenannannaneht.blogspot.com/

Ashlee Ewing said...

I love reading your blogs!! You are hilarious =) I've been wanting a Bichon Frise for FOREVER! They are my absolute FAVORITE dog breed. I think that breed will be perfect for you because they are fun, cute, and playful and you are really funny and fun to read! Perfect combo. My cats are declawed too. We got them declawed in the front and they are not in any pain what so ever. I don't even think they remember having claws in the front lol!

Unknown on March 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM said...

I have two Bichons, they are lovable, cute and funny. They do get really attached to you, mine have separation anxiety to the point where my neighbors in the apartment complex complain about the barking when I leave. I am working on training both of them, they are very smart dogs and catch on quick. By the way, their names are Sammy and Bear(lol). We call Bear, Little Bear because he is still a puppy. :)

lauraisnotonfirrre :) on March 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM said...

your blogs are always so sweet an happy :) i hope you had a nice time in L.A! btw sleeping burrito is defo my new expression :P

denicewim on March 28, 2010 at 12:26 AM said...

I tried lastisse for lash growth and its actually pretty amazing how well it works! def worth a try :)
PS lovers ur blog! <3

Vanessa on March 28, 2010 at 7:48 AM said...

Aww, I've got a bichon frise mixed with a poodle and she is just adorable! I definitely think that you should get a bichon. They are so cute, plus they don't shed :)

Anonymous said...

i have a bichon frise she looks exactly the same as the one in the picture she is abit smaller than most and it so gorgeous , hyper and playful you should go for it and get one they are adorable!! :)

Speranza on March 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM said...

I have a Bichon Frise and he is amazing! He is the perfect dog and has so much personality. He doesn't shed which is a major plus and he doesn't need that much exercise. He is perfect!

beautifullyrandom on March 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM said...

maybe you should try changing it to project 5 pan! lol. That might make it a bit easier.. see more of an end in sight kinda thing... good luck!

Nikki on March 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

lol your blogposts always make me laugh. :]]

Amber on March 31, 2010 at 9:58 PM said...

Elle, I have to Bichon Frise Dogs. They are SOOOO cute. The only thing is we got one dog from a place that has now bad rateings. The other we got at a backyard breeder. The Backyard Breeder dog has no yucky eye tearing, but the other one does. They both are as sweet as can be!The bottom line is- Look up the place where you get your new edition.
Luv ya,
Amber

sushiflower03 on April 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM said...

PLEASE FOLLOW MY BLOG!
HAULS,REVIEWS AND TUTORIALS.

Love your youtube videos btw.
My favourite is your christmas look!

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b