Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In's and Out's 5


I have an exam in 2 hours, so naturally I am doing everything I can to avoid thinking about it. It's time for (Da da da DA!) In's and Out's.

In:

Glowy skin: I just did a video on my new skincare routine, but I am still loving it! My skin is healthy and hydrated looking. I am experimenting with mixing several foundations for the perfect finish. Today I mixed a 3rd Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, a 3rd Laura Mercier moisturizing foundation, and a 3rd Clinique Even Better. By mixing them you get more coverage than the TM alone would give you, but it is still dewy and gorgeous. Here is my skincare video, if you didn't catch it already.




Tween Books: I love to read, and I read at all levels. Some days you can catch me with a classic novel or the latest Dan Brown book, but other times I have a good tween book in my hands - plucked straight out of the kids section of the bookstore. I just finished up the Percy Jackson series and I am on book 4 of the House of Night series. I stopped by the bookstore while I was home, and picked up Dan Brown's newest book, The Lost Symbol. Can't wait to start on it!

Project 10 pan: I haven't officially started yet, but I might as well today since I am thinking about it. I have a bunch of products that are at its very end currently, like 2 Nars laguna bronzers that are each at the last little rim, but I don't know if those count toward the 10 since they only have a few days left each. What do you guys think?

Growing out my hair: I have been good to my hair lately, using lots of protectant products and such, and I think I can tell a difference! My hair is starting to look really nice and long! I still want extensions though... we will see.

Visiting home: I was just home last weekend, and I get to go home again this weekend! Although the reason is scary (LASIK) it is still nice to be home for a little while to visit with family. That brings up a definite out though - driving for 7 hours each way constantly.

Out:

Glasses and Contacts: Yippee for LASIK in 9 days. I am currently on day 5 of wearing glasses (you can't wear contacts for a full 14 days before the surgery) and I am getting more and more excited at the prospect of not having to bother with these for a good, long time. When I get old and gray I am sure I will have to wear glasses to read or something, but by then I won't mind.

General frumpiness: whenever I go more than the allotted time between hair colorings/brow waxes/ or pedicures I start to feel very frumpy. I am feeling that now - my hair stylist keeps getting booked up when I have a chance to come in to see her. I just tried calling in - she is all booked up. Ugh.

Exams: I have one today - not fun. Not pretty.


- Elle Fowler

27 comments on "In's and Out's 5"

Kristina | Pretty Shiny Sparkly on March 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM said...

Good luck! I have my pharm exam tomorrow and another med school exam Friday. Not fun. By the way (just for fun) "ins and outs" is slang medical term for recording a hospital patient's food/liquid intake and output (#1, & #2)! Things you wish you never knew, huh?

come stop by PSS and say hi sometime!

Stacey on March 2, 2010 at 12:50 PM said...

Great post hun! i really need to do project 10 pan but i dont think i'd be able to cope lol!

Hope the lasik goes ok, im to much of a wimp so will stick with my contact lenses!

http://princessboo88.blogspot.com/

xx

Marie on March 2, 2010 at 12:50 PM said...

I love reading too!:D I enjoyed your video, thanks for sharing. :D

Good luck on your exam!:D


http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM said...

Dear Elle,
I will be right near a Mac this week. I can't decide what concealer to get. Or, what foundation. Or lipgloss. It is so so hard! Please get back to me!! I'm Hannackk on youtube. Send me a message on what I should most DEFINITELY purchase. Thanks so much!
XOXO hannah

Joey on March 2, 2010 at 12:55 PM said...

I'm almost 18 years old and have been wearing glasses since I was 9. I've never worn contacts because I just don't like the idea of sticking something on my eye everyday. Glasses have really been annoying these past few years, so I have a couple of questions. Are contacts uncomfortable or a bad decision to go with? Or I don't know if I should keep wearing glasses and put up the annoyance or just wear contacts..?

Also are you thinking about getting the extensions you sew in?

SakuraKiss01 on youtube said...

Why not count the two NARS bronzers as one? It's the same product and they're both almost out...so put them together and just find 9 other things!

DoodleDaisy on March 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

re comment about hannah being your daughter...
this is too long to post on twitter.

my sister and I are the same way, i have our Moms coloring and my sister has our Dads, and on top of that we look NOTHING alike. When i was little my sister used to tell me i was adopted and/or left on the door step by the gypsies LOL

Joey on March 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM said...

Forgot to say good luck with the lasik! :)

Makeup Kitten on March 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM said...

Nice list, Elle :)

MissMonroe on March 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM said...

Hi Elle.
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog and I am thrilled that you have started posting more often! Please keep it up. I really like your youtube videos as well, though so please keep doing both ;)

And good luck on the Lasik by the way!

Jenn on March 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM said...

I had LASIK about 5 years ago and I would do it all over again if need be. Get lots of sleep and eat well you'll get better faster obviously. Make sure to keep your eye drops on you. Best thing ever will be looking at the alarm clock without glasses or contacts! Still amazes me to this day.

PixiJasmine on March 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM said...

Dearest elle,

dont know if you answer to comments but thought id quickly share with you my experience with Lasik operations...

I got the Lasik operation when i was 17, they had to check & double check to make sure that my eye was "thick" enough for the laser in order for it to be stabilized well enough after the operation & i was fortunate enough to have had thick eyeballs - I had it done in Dubai with one of the best doctors in the field at that time...

However, i am now 22 & i am back on wearing lenses and glasses, it started off with just blurriness then it went all downhill from there...Not that i am saying it is a bad operation, it did correct A LITTLE of my eyesight. i was already at -4.25 so quite bad...i am better off now..but getting to the point, you have to know that there is a possibility that you will end up using contacts and glasses again no matter if you do do the lasik or not...now i am at a stable -2.00 on each eye.

In addition - if you have astigmatism, it is also possible that the lasik will not work and therefore you may have to resort using glasses/contacts at night.

Just a warning from personal experience.

xx

cchaoticc on March 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

I like the project 10 pan! Thinking to do this with my nail polishes :)

And yes u can find even more stupid people than whoever wrote that Hannah is your daughter.. people just need to gossip about something!

chaoticc-freak.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Visiting for fist time in this site... and I must say, I really, really like you Elle :)

Anonymous said...

Visiting for fist time in this site... and I must say, I really, really like you Elle :)

Devea on March 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM said...

Ooooh! I really want to read the Percy Jackson books to! Let us know if you liked them!

http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

MsAnnDee on March 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM said...

LASIK sounds terrifying to me! EEP. I wish you luck with that one, I could never do it...but when I was little I always wanted glasses and was very excited when I got them in my first year of university. Always enjoying your 'in and outs'!

wand_included on March 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM said...

i really want hair extensions soo bad - but i want to order them online and i'm scared they won't suit me when they come :S and considering my hairs already pretty long i can't decide!!! :S xxxx

Sarah on March 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

I think you should include the two nearly finish things in project 10 pan to give you a kick start, it might help

stephanie says. on March 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM said...

I enjoy it when you blog! Please do it more often :)

Anonymous said...

Elle! i love your blog posts! You should definately do them more often. I love reading about what new beauty things your enjoying because it gives me inspiration to go try out new things.Your last few blogs have got me addicted, just like lollipop26 blog! xx

Fabulously Thrifty on March 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

I'm 25 and I still like reading teen-y books. I'm reading The Vampire Diary Series now..totally different from the show..I don't know if I like the book or the show better..I'm leaning toward the show

Good luck on your exam!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the Lasik!

Can you show us a picture of you with glasses or do a video with them on? I liked seeing Blair with hers on and I'm sure you look great too! =)

Sarah said...

I just finished reading the lost symbol it was so good! hope you like :)

Renee on March 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM said...

Hey Elle. I thought I'd make this comment here because you have over 900 on youtube.

I use an oil cleansing system VERY similar to the Laura Mercier one. I don't think the mineral oil in Laura is good though. The one I use is from Rocky Mountain Soap and it's all natural. When I first starting using it about 5 different people asked me if I was pregnant because I glowed so much! Oh and it smells amazing!

Here's the link. I think they have free samples. Their soap and other stuff is pretty great to.

http://www.rockymountainsoap.com/

Anonymous said...

Elle,

about LASIK...it's not permanent. I have a co-worker who had the procedure done about a year and a half ago, and she had better than 20/20 vision and now slowly, her vision is progressing to 20/20. I don't know where she'll be in another 5 years...but I'm sure she'll be back to square one. Contacts.

Unknown on March 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM said...

Good luck with aaaall your activities. About LASIK and if it's permanent or not, it dependes of your age, that's all. Y envy u girl!! i'm still using my contacts = ( .
A big hug !!

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b