Thursday, September 25, 2008

FAQ's


This part is incomplete - let me know what you want answered, leave a comment!

What inspired you to become a makeup guru?
In the summer of 2008 I came across a video by Lollipop26 (one of my FAVORITES!) and was intrigued by the whole beauty video review process. I started watching her and a few others, and became mildly obsessed. I was bored that summer so I thought, why not? I decided to put up my own video and I started to get subscribers! I just wanted to add my opinions and tricks into the huge world of YouTube, and am very humbled that anyone cares to keep up with me :)

Have you always been girly?
Yes!! Always always! I played in my mama's makeup when I was a tiny little thing - I always thought makeup was so fun. And I never really liked sports or getting dirty, although I do think that it is possible to like both.

Team Edward or Jacob?
Edward in the books, Jacob in the movies. LOVE Taylor :)

Were you home schooled in high school?
Nope! I went to regular school!

Overall Favorite brand?
That is so hard! Mac for color, like eyes/lips/cheeks, but Laura Mercier for skincare and foundation stuff!

How old are you?
21, 22 in May! When I started my YouTube the "21" in my user name was not because of my age.. I was 20 when I started lol!

What kind of music do you like?
I like a little bit of everything, but I do enjoy pop, hip hop, and country :)

Any advice for people wanting to get into YouTube/beauty reviews?
Just try! The hardest part is the first video, and actually putting yourself out there. Just do it! If you hate it, you can take it down and not tell anyone :) You never know, you might be the next big YouTube girl!

Where did you get your two paintings in your background?
The Paris one is from Ballard Designs but I bought it about a year ago so I'm not sure they would be available anymore. The pink one was hand painted by my neighbor.. so again, not really available. Sorry guys! I really adore paintings, I wish I could paint actually. I fell in love with the Paris one the moment I saw it... and I knew I had to have it. It's a happy looking painting.

What is that bright silver thing above your lamp?
A nail stuck in the wall, I had a picture there before I moved my furniture around this year.

Are you a natural blonde?
Yes. I add both lowlights and highlights to my hair to give it dimension, right now its a bit darker than my natural color.

Do you wear colored contacts?
Nope, and I never did! I wore clear ones up until a few days ago when I got LASIK surgery. Read about it here.

Who are your favorite youtubers to watch?
My sister, Juicystar07, thebubblegumprincess, lollipop26, xsparkage, michellephan, fafinettex3, EGheartsssc and like a ton more than I can't think of off the top of my head. I've met them all in person except for elise and erin.

What are your favorite places to shop?
Guess, Express, Bebe, Forever21, Abercrombie, and department stores.

Which TV series do you enjoy?
The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, The Tudors, Desperate Housewives, Keeping up with the Kardashians, The Hills, The City, Glee, Lost.

What's your favorite food EVER?
SUSHI!!!!

How do you deal with hater comments?
Hater comments are hard, but everyone gets them, and the bigger you are - the more you get! You just have to learn to tune it out and realize it stems from jealousy. Plus, for every 1 hater there are over 100 (or 1000) fans! It's not worth the time to stress over it.

Where did your username come from?
All That Glitters was my first ever eyeshadow from MAC, but that user name was taken, so I needed a number. I used 21 because I like the number. It was not my age at the time (I was 20) so it has nothing to do with that :)

What's your favortie kind of video to make? (tutorials, hauls, etc.)
All of them! But if I had to pick one... vlogs!

What is your major?
Communications/Law. Believe it or not, I have a serious side.

What kind of a cat is Bear?
Seal Point Himalayan - half Persian, half Siamese. I owned one before him and I will probably always own himmys, they are the best!

Can you speak a any other languge other than english?
No, although I took 4 semesters of French in college.


If you have any more FAQ's leave a comment below! I am blanking right now, lol!


41 comments on "FAQ's"

Sinead on March 14, 2010 at 5:56 AM said...

Where do you shop?

Who is your faveorite singer?

HOLLY on March 14, 2010 at 7:15 AM said...

which three mac products would you reccomend for somebody that doesn't own any? (:,X

Alisonk9 said...

Hi Elle! I have a question. What career do you want to go into when you graduate from college?

Kate said...

Which room is the one at your house, and which is the one at college?

Also, will you ever do a makeup collection/storage or a room tour video?

I heard you say you're in a sorority a couple times. I'm thinking about college, and think a sorority might be fun. My parents and a couple friends are like "that's not a good idea...i've heard things...". I've heard the stereotypes, but I've also heard that there are great things about sororities. Would you be willing to do some type of video dispelling rumors and stereotypes and giving us the truth?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you Elle!!!! ♥

Jamie said...

What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite movie?
Which TV series do you enjoy?
Which country would you like to visit once?

Sam said...

My question is, what kind of car do you and your sister drive? I was always curious of what kind of cars you have,lol.

Annie said...

what are you studying to become, or what job would you like to have in the future?

Diya on March 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM said...

woo hoo! i love you elle! check out my blog and tell me how you like and if you have any tips!

http://diya27.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

what school do you go to

Carla said...

omg I loveeee you and your sister, like I love your videos.
my question is:
what are some things you enjoy doing?
and
how did you get your name out to all these cool opportunities? YouTube?

thanks!

Random Person said...

Could you would you pretty please do a room tour video?

Could you do a video or blog post about reviewing some of your favorite books?

What's your favorite food EVER?

How do you deal with hater comments?

Do you know of any cheap yet good quality make-up brands?

Do you have a job? If so, what is it?

Have you ever been to Canada?

What are some of your favorite websites to go on? (Expelling YouTube of course ;)

sugarbumpkin on March 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM said...

are you currently employed? if so, what do you do?

Anonymous said...

where did your username come from?

what's your favorite thing about youtube?

what's your favortie kind of video to make? (tutorials, hauls, etc.)

Charlotte said...

Heyy Elle

I love your videos and Blair's :)
I was wondering if you could do a Room tour please <3 :)

My main question is though
I follow you on you tube and on twitter but how do I follow you on your blog

I really want to enter your current contest givaway so please reply soon :)x x

Marissa on March 15, 2010 at 3:48 PM said...

Hey elle I've just been wondering...

What is your major?

Just curious...

xoxo Marissa

Anonymous said...

What are you going to school for?

Gabrielle on March 16, 2010 at 1:05 PM said...

Hey Elle! I've been wondering about your major too... :) And it would be interesting to know what kinda car you drive haha. I'm so unoriginal... But people asked my questions before I could! :)

Anonymous said...

How tall are you?

Anonymous said...

i love you and your sister did she teach swimming because i thought it was her i dont know

Becca on March 29, 2010 at 10:07 PM said...

where do you go to college?

Anonymous said...

Elle, what kind of a cat is Bear? He's adorable!

Ashlee-Rose said...

I'm sorry for giving you more, because I know that you have to answer so many questions already, but I have a couple too... =0


What type of camera do you use? For your tutorials and vlogs?

What type of cat are Bear and Bella? They are sooo cute! =)

What facial product would you recomend for someone with oily, acne-prone skin, but not really expensive?

Thanks so much, Elle! Sorry for adding to the many questions you already have to answer, by the way.


- Ashlee-Rose oxox

Anonymous said...

what day is you birthday in may?

Allison said...

i think you're really awesome elle! :D

MARIANNE on April 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM said...

What are you're favorite books? Mention like 5-10 books. :)

Unknown on April 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

What's your favorite food?
What's your favorite drink?

Anonymous said...

what is the best kind of straightener? i have heard GHD's are good, but what kind of GHD?

Anonymous said...

hey elle, what kind of cats do you have?

Anonymous said...

Hey elle, I was wondering how do you choose your colors to go in a palette? If you could do a video on this it would be great, im having trouble choosing colors to go in a palette. I am mostly wondering about eye shadows but if you could do one on blush to that would be great. Thanks! Love your videos!!

Anonymous said...

1.what state is your college in?
2.5 favourite songs?
3.how should your dreamguy look like?
4.Could you please do a dorm room tour pleease?
5.favourite word?

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle! i'm from Singapore and i love watching you and Blair on youtube! =)

i'm just starting my summer break now! and i'm touring NYC, MIA, FL in May for a month.

can i ask, are beauty products you use in ur videos like OPI & makeup products be found in Ulta/target stores? or where can i get them?

thanks a million!!! =)

Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Can you speak a any other languge other than english?

kunjal said...

Who is your favorite singer?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite color

Tess on May 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM said...

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR BLOG TO LOOK SO COOL??? WHAT TEMPLATE THING DID YOU USE????????????

Anonymous said...

Could you please answer these questions.:)

1.Whats your favourite sport?
2.Favourite songs?
3.Favourite ornament?
4.Favourite piece of clothing that you own
5.What state is your college in?
6.Favourite lipgloss,mascara,eyeshadow,eyeliner,lipstick,blush,shoes,dress,t-shirt,tank,jeans,skirt,parfume,deodorant,candle,purse,tote,sweater,nailpolish and hoodie?
7.How would your dream B-day party look at the age of 16 my sister wants to have a super B-day and she adores you so I hoped you would have some ideas?
8.Favourite restaurant?
9.Favourite piece of jewelry that you own?
10.Could you please do a dorm room tour?

So that about it.

sparklebomb07 said...

now that you've finished college could you tell us where you studied? thanks x

Smarties463 on May 15, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

Hey Elle, love your videos, just finished watching your mermaid inspired tutorial using the urban decay deluxe palette, really cute!!

Anonymous said...

hi
I live in Canada but I have watched a lot of US movies. I know you were in a sorority and you have talked about it on your youtube channel. I was wondering if you could explain what sororities do? Everything in the movies is so negative about them. I was hoping you could discuss them in your vlogs because I know you have international fans who are probably like me and have been presented with many negative stereotypes.

Thanks,

Anonymous said...

I would love love love if you can show me how to style a side bang. I know..it sounds easy but I just cant seem to do it. By the way..I am addicted to all that glitters. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What color are the walls in your room/did you add anything extra?
I love them!

What kind of lamps do you have/Where did you get them?

Anonymous said...

ELLE i looove your videos! ok so i think some other people have asked you this before, but could you pleaseee do a vlog about sororities and that stuff please!:D you know, people have many wonders about getting in one or not.

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b