Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tag- 40 Beauty Questions!


Since I can't film (silly eyeballs) I'll do this tag on here. I can't wear makeup until mid week and I have to wear sunglasses inside right now due to light sensitivity... so I will spare you all a video of me looking like Posh Spice. -----> Not posh but you get the idea.

BTW, my eyes are doing great :) Thank you for all the get well soon and good luck comments - you guys are the best!

On to the tag:


SKINCARE
-
How many times do you wash your face daily?

Twice, although sometimes I am lazier in the mornings (not a morning person!) and I just want to use a cleansing wipe and then tone and moisturize. At night through I always go full out – gotta get all that makeup off!!

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Dry and sensitive


What is your current facial wash?

Laura Mercier Purifying Oil Light

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I have to get all that dead skin off! I don’t do it as much in the winter though because I don’t want to irritate my skin. I love my Clarisonic for exfoliating.


What brand do you use?

I have a chanel exfoliator that I love, and I also have one by clean and clear that is really nice.

What moisturizer do you use?

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin day crème

Do you have freckles?

Yes, many of them! I have a very love/hate relationship with them.

Do you use eye cream?
Yes, every night. I think they are really important. I use Laura Mercier’s Flawless Skin Eye Crème at night and the Flawless skin eye serum in the morning.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I don’t currently, but when I was younger I did. I went on Accutane 6 years ago and that took care of it. I have a video on Accutane here.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Yes, before accutane and I hated it. It’s very harsh and didn’t do much for my acne either.


MAKE-UP

What foundation do you use?
Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer and Moisturizing Foundation mixed.

How about concealer?
Laura Mercier secret concealer for under my eyes and Mac’s concealer (the one in the pot) for any acne.

Do you know your undertone color?
I am a true neutral. I would be considered a cool, with pink undertones as opposed to yellow undertones (or NW in Mac since they do it opposite) but I am really in the middle. I have beige pink undertones.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them! I would love to have permanent eyelash extensions, and I think it is something I will dabble in once my eyes are completely healed from my LASIK.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?

Of course! You don’t want eye infections! Throw it out and buy a new one.


What brand of mascara do you use?

I love so many! Currently I am using up my MUFE Smokey Lash (my second tube – love it!) and my Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes. Both of these are great!

Sephora or MAC?

That’s a hard one… MAC is great for lip/eye/blush colors but Sephora is better for body and skincare stuff – it’s a tie!

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Yes!

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes mainly, but also cotton balls, cotton swabs, sponges, and Kleenex.


Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?

Always – either Urban Decay Primer Potion or a Mac paint pot. I can always tell if I have forgotten to put it on, I think it is really important! It makes your color last longer and be a bit brighter – and no creasing!

For the face?
Nope, I am currently on the hunt for a good primer, which you can read about here.


What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

I have so many favorites. I love Mac all that glitters, satin taupe, mulch, woodwinked, brule, and mutiny. I also love Stila’s Kitten – such a shimmery gorgeous pink.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Pencil 90% of the time, gel the other 10%. Liquid is very rare; I find it hard to use.


How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?

Rarely lol! I am pretty careful Sometimes your hand just slips though!

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I like them, however I reach for them less because they are much messier and harder to work with. There are certain colors I wish came in pan form, like mutiny and tan pigment. I have pressed a few but they are still harder to work with than a regular pan shadow. I have a video on pigment pressing here.


Do you use mineral makeup?

Nope – I’m not a big fan to be quite honest. Bare minerals broke me out horribly, so I have stayed away since then. I also don’t find the coverage that great, I would prefer sticking to my liquid foundation.


What is your favorite lipstick?

I have a few but I adore Mac’s Angel and Crème d’nude. Both are really pretty, soft colors.

How about lipgloss?

Mac’s underage, little vi, and springbean.

What is your favorite blush to use?
Again, I have a lot that I enjoy. I like Nars Orgasm, Mac Well Dressed and Mac Dainty.


Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Nope, but I have sold some makeup before. Not on ebay, but on here.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Sometimes, it depends on the product. I am not a beauty “snob” who believes that high end is always better but most of the time you get what you pay for with beauty products. I find a lot of great mascaras at drugstores though, and I love the L’oreal hip line (like the jelly balms!). Finding a really great product at a drugstore is always very exciting.


Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)

Yeah! I love them! You can find cheap MAC, and usually you can find some really cool discontinued products. I wish more of these little CCO’s existed!

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, but I have never gotten around to it. I would love to take a few PRO classes at mac!


Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?

Lol, sometimes in the morning before class… I am NOT a morning person!

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
There are so many, lol! Overplucked brows, overlined lipliner, too much bronzer, etc.


Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?

Both, for different moods. For everyday wear, neutrals. My everyday look is nude glossy lips with slightly heavier, but still nude eyes with black liner. Soft, but put together.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
I love Blake Lively’s beachy, bronzed look. I also really love Kim Kardashian’s makeup – many people think it is too heavy, but I love it! It’s all about nude glossy lips and heavy eyes, which is what I like to do as well.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use? Mascara maybe, or tinted moisturizer. One of those!

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I do sometimes, I did this morning to go get lunch for the family. I am not a slave to makeup, but I do love it and so I enjoy playing with it in the mornings.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Yes, but like most women I prefer myself with a little color on!

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
That’s hard… I guess Mac for colored stuff and brushes, but I don’t really enjoy their skincare or foundation products.

What do you think of Makeup??

I love it! It’s fun – it’s expression and art in a way.

27 comments on "Tag- 40 Beauty Questions!"

Devea on March 13, 2010 at 6:28 PM said...

This was a entertaining post!! I agree with you on the feeling lazy in the morning, I do it way to often!!


http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

elle hearts blogs on March 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM said...

hello elle, i love reading your tags since we have the same skin type.

I also did the same tag, please check it out =)

http://elleheartsblogs.blogspot.com/

R.O. on March 13, 2010 at 6:39 PM said...

Nice post thanks for sharing. Love the picture you put at the top btw lol! :P

- R.O.
http://www.whatsheworefashion.blogspot.com

Lizz on March 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

i'M going to do this !

visit my blog at http://HollywoodGlamStar.blogspot.com

sugarbumpkin on March 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM said...

oh wow, i thought only makeup artists and performers could get a hold of MAC Pro membership. Am I missing something about you?

terriannep on March 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM said...

Elle, that's so funny, I did this tag yesterday and so many of our answers are so similar! http://heartsonlooseleaf.blogspot.com/

Alyssa Sabourin said...

I got eylash extensions and I really don't suggest them. Fake eyelashes are much simpler and way less painful! Imagine the extension falling off of one eye and not he other (happened to me) AND THAN you had to pick off the other eyes extensions (imagine peeling duct tape off each eyelash individually). I thought it would be awsome but it really wasn't worth the pain .
Just informing you and I LOVE reading your blogs
:)

Twilightfanpire on March 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM said...

I love your blog:D Thinking of doing a tag myself:)

Love,

Avery<3

averythingglittery.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

could you do a all-time drugstore favorites post?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I have been wanting eyelash extensions tooo!!!! you should get themm!!

Claire Bang on March 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM said...

Hello Elle. I love watching your videos. THEY ARE SO INTERESTING AND FUN! YOU ARE AMAZING!! Your videos always work and are so fun to watch even though I'm only in middle school. You always really look pretty...probably even without make-up! PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST VIDEOS :)

Becky said...

I love when you do blog posts!! I love that its a smaller community than the youtube community... Your posts also show even more insight than a video can and I sometimes find myself laughing aloud when I read them :) Plus, you remind me of me! My answers would be pretty darn similar to these!
Thanks Elle! :))

MsAnnDee on March 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM said...

Hee hee, when I read the Make-up Crimes question I laughed.

Last night I covered my entire face in a few layers of bronzer to see what I would look like tanned (I'm usually the lightest shade of foundation or the next one down) and it looked soooo bad! It was hilarious to go from looking oober tan one second to scrubbing it all off and being oober pale the next. Something fun to do on a Friday night? I think so...

Cali C on March 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

I've always been scarred of fake lashes falling off.. but I wonder what the process for the extensions are like?

Check out my blog giveaway....
http://www.timelessfashionista.net/2010/03/yoyo-lipgloss-giveaway.html

Missa on March 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM said...

Love it! Check out mine.

http://missasbabblings.blogspot.com/2010/03/40-beauty-questions-tag.html

pinkpoodle29 on March 14, 2010 at 7:43 AM said...

i feel exactly the same about overlined lips, and i know a close friend who does it i just don't have the heart to tell her!

Kristy on March 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

I also did it! Inspired by you! =)

http://superdamask.wordpress.com/

Took me forever to complete it!

Heidy on March 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM said...

Hey! Just want to say that I love your blog!!! But I'm just wondering, how did you do that? You know, your link is ellefowler.com but then it redirects u to your allthatglitters21.blogspot site. did you pay for a domain?

Keep up the goodwork!! :)

Nicole said...

It's night here... and I have to read your post!!!! I LOVE it, and... goodnight, Elle=]

Vicky on March 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

This was interesting. With this tag and the recent videos you and Blair have made on Laura Mercier skincare I'm super tempted to try them out.

Great tag, I think I'll pinch it to do later :)

Anonymous said...

Elle,
I have been on accutane for about 4 months now and my lips are literally falling apart. I have used every balm, cream, and medicated lip gloss, blam etc. Do you happen to remember what worked for you? Also, now that you are off accutane has your skin changed from what is was before? I'm not sure what to expect from mine.
Thanks!

bextannya on March 14, 2010 at 7:31 PM said...

A great primer (I have dry sensitive skin as well, lots of freckles, still pimples every now and then) is the Korres Face Primer, which you can get at Sephora (at least in Canada you can) and I also really love the Laura Geller Spackle face primer, but the pump-distributor can get annoying.

Korres has an added benefit: it is moisturizing (apparently), but I only found out about this when I purchased a full-size tube and I would always put my Clinique Moisturizing Gel before this primer and it didn't make me break out..so no worries to wear a moisturizer underneath!

Hope this helped!

Annya
Montreal, Canada

Alysia on Life on March 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

Wow, you seem to think highly of Laura Mercier. Never tried anything from her line. Might have to check it out sometimes.

Fun Tag. I did it too. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.alysiaonlife.blogspot.com/

Mari on March 16, 2010 at 2:46 AM said...

Thank you very much for sharing, will do it in future :)

All the best at getting better!


Mari
http://beautybymari.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Do you know if you can press eyeshadows from bare minerals? Since everything in that line comes in a loose powder form I would like to find out if they are pressable. It would make them soooo much easier to work witH. Thanks rhonda

graceunderpressure on March 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

hey elle. :)
do you think you could do some entries/videos on drugstore favorites? also, maybe some simple how-to tutorials for those of us who can't apply makeup properly haha:). You and blair do great stuff, but all of your looks require pro skills. Could you give us some tips on how to simply apply eyeliner or eyeshadow as easily as you two do?
I love you guys btw.
- Grace:)

http://graceshighschoolsurvival.blogspot.com/

banana on April 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM said...

i really like your attitude towards make-up and i also really like freckles!hehe <3

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b