Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who Dunnit???


While watering my bouquet of flowers tonight I discovered a disturbingly ancient pattern of flowers droppings around my vase. Naturally, my first thought was CROP CIRCLES! ALIENS! But then I came to my senses and remembered to think logically. Take a look at this picture -------------->

Now, there are two things that could be going on here. The flowers did not just drop gracefully down in pattern form, all facing outward. No... larger forces are at work here. There are two explanations, in my opinion. The first one is that Booga the pottery elephant has been messing with my flowers. I must admit he looks very guilty in this picture, as if he was caught "red-handed".

The second explanation I must look into is that Bear might be chomping on my flowers. Now, given that he is a monster of a cat, being part mountain lion and part firefly/sloth, I don't see how he could be nimble enough to get up there behind the vase without knocking it over. You can't tell from the picture, but I don't even see how he could have gotten up there! There is not a lot of room at all! Highly suspect... I am more likely to blame the elephant, to be quite honest.

I think Bear knows I suspect him, because he is being very cuddly right now. Let me insert an insanely fluffy picture to the left. He is all "ur's": Fur, Purr, and kinda a blurr.

You guys tell me. Was it Booga, Bear, Aliens, or something totally different?

On a side note, while writing this blog I tried to type "in my opinion" and blogger automatically corrected it to "in my onionskin". Hahahahaha good job Blogger - I'm not sure how common that phrase is, but I'm glad it's there for me when I need it most.


On a slightly more serious note (as if LUSH is serious):
Tonight I was finally feeling up for a nice bath so I mustered up the energy to walk over and start up the water. I chose a Lil Lush Pud Bath Bombfrom my slowly dwindling lush stash (which I have to remind myself is the point of Project 10 Lush), and got in. I decided to wear my goggles because I do not trust myself not to splash about like a 5 year old, and I couldn't risk getting water in my freshly cut open eyeballs (which feel fine, but still... don't wanna dislodge those flaps!). I wore sunglasses in the house all day and felt completely ridiculous, but it was nothing compared to how I felt with my goggles in the water.

Hello!!! It is not a swimming pool, Elle!

So I sat in the water with my book (still chiseling away at The Lost Symbol) and waited for the water to fill up, and then I plopped this baby in. Before I review it let me tell you my "before ponderings". I have been avoiding use of this bath bomb in favor of, for lack of a better description... prettier ones? It is not the best looking bath bomb lush makes... let's just be honest. This is from their holiday collection, hence the Christmas holly design, and is supposed to smell like Holiday pudding. It smells nice, sweet and soft, and I assumed it would be an enjoyable, if a bit boring bath bomb. Tonight was the perfect night to use it; I wasn't in the mood for a really exciting one, I just wanted something relaxing.

This is what the Lush site says:
"Looks like a pudding, smells like a pudding, fizzes like a spicy Bath Ball. It's perfect for nursing your hangover. Clove powder warms and stimulates, as aloe vera and rose calm and soothe suffering skins. Lemon peel adds a sharp citrus zing to the Ball and creates part of the authentic Christmas pudding aroma."

My thoughts? It smells nice, but the smell goes away in the water much too quickly, and the scent doesn't linger on your skin like other bath bombs do. I CAN smell it on my skin, but I just took the bath two hours ago. I doubt I will be able to smell it in the morning like I could with my Blackberry Bath bomb - review here. It fizzed up WAY too quickly - it was one of those ones. It turned the water a weird tan color, which was a bit offputting, and it was just kinda... boring. Just like I suspected it would be. Nothing exciting, not something I would necessarily buy again, but it was okay. I don't have the price off hand, since it is only available during the holidays, but it would be on the cheaper end since it was one of the smaller bath bombs.

Overall thoughts: It's nice, but just kinda blah. If I was given another one as a gift, I would use it and enjoy it, but I would probably save my money for something a bit more exciting in the future. This brings me up to number 5 on Project 10 Lush.

Quick Project 10 Pan Update: I haven't made any progress because I haven't been wearing any makeup at all the past couple days, but I haven't bought anything new either, so that's good! Project 10 Lush has been very successful though!

Elle Fowler

34 comments on "Who Dunnit???"

Pretty Shiny Sparkly on March 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM said...

Bear is just TOO cute! Check out Bluebell: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelprints/205275187/

Come say hi at Pretty Shiny Sparkly sometime! http://www.prettyshinysparkly.com

I posted a video response to your What's In My Purse vid :)

- PSS

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna go with Bear. because Bear seems sneaky like that. he can be part ninja too.

but seriously, Bear is SO adorable!

-dani
http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

superaisha07 on March 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM said...

BEAR,naughty naughty bear. lol

crystal on March 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM said...

I think it was BEARRRR!
:D

Pretentiouspink on March 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM said...

I am going to go with bearcat! Sneaky Sneaky!

Anonymous said...

How much money is a regular bath bomb?

Anonymous said...

I think that Bear cat is to blame! :)) :D

Anonymous said...

Awesom blog Elle! Love reading your blogs as we won't get videos from you..:( Must be horrible to not to makeup..

Anonymous said...

Bear did it! It's written all over his whiskers! ;)

Bad Bear!jkjk he is too cute! ☻

Cali C on March 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM said...

It was the elephant, I can tell.

Anonymous, Aren't bath bombs like $5-$6 each?

timelessfashionista.net

Anonymous said...

In going ti go with Booga, as Booga was the first thing i noticed when I looked at the picture!!

Ps Booga & Bear are both so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. My cat was in love with flowers too. I wonder if it is a cat thing to want to chomp on pretty flowers in pretty vases.

Unknown on March 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM said...

I don't want to blame Bearcat, but if he did, who can get mad at him...he so cute!

LisaHater on March 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM said...

LOL HI AGAIN! <3

I'm sure my friends and family will LUVVV this!

Anonymous said...

Omg, You are reading "The Lost Symbol?" Amazing book, couldn't put it down. The ending was really great too.

Anonymous said...

I say bear did it he has done some crazy stuff in the past and it seems more realalistic
........haha in my onoinskin

elle hearts blogs on March 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM said...

aww bear is so cute! I love kitties.

I would be honoured if you would check out my blog. =)

elleheartsblogs.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

Loved the Lush review! You've been raving about it non- stop, good to see that you've some objectivity left:D keep blogging!

amyhunybuny on March 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

bear done it!! heee~

Athena Stars on March 14, 2010 at 1:55 AM said...

definitely bear! cats have been known to being able to jump really high! but oh dear - with a face like that you really can't stay mad at him for long!

Kat said...

LOL. Really funny and attention grabbing post :) Sounds like fun! Now I want to go give my cat a "free massage" haha :P

Renee said...

It was BEAR! lol

moonbeam on March 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM said...

Definitely the aliens.... bear looks way to cute and innocent :P.

Anonymous said...

Yay your updating ur blogs regularly I love to read blogs and had yours bookmarked on my iPhone but there was no activity but you have finally returned yay

Battements de cils on March 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM said...

Maybe Bear is also part Kung Fu Panda...
I <3 your blog :)!

Manu on March 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM said...

Hahaha - love your blog posts!!
But there's one crazy thing on this one... i stared at the bear pic for over 5 minutes and I still don't know which part of him is on the picture... Help!! I just can't find his face??
Xoxo

R*s on March 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM said...

Haha, I'm pretty sure bear can fit anywhere even if he doesn't look like he can...but I have to admit that Booga really looks guilty! haha :)
I've read the lost symbol, have you read the other Dan Brown books?
=)
I'm reading millenium 1, now...let's see how it goes..
Be careful with your eyes, and take care ;)

S

Anonymous said...

Be careful, and be sure to watch and make sure that bear DOES NOT nibble on your flowers. If he were to ingest any it could be highly toxic. My moms cat died from nibbling on the flowers in her garden. Lovely blog you have my dear.

Anonymous said...

Bear is super cute and looks so cuddly! What kind is he? I have a maine coon cat named Sabre and he loves messing with the flowers in my room. Cats are so funny and playful that way. Also, I am absolutely loving your blog. I have gained so much knowledge by following you and your sister and have found such great brands and products I would have never otherwise discovered!

Unknown on March 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

bear is toooo cute I blame the elephant!!

Amber said...

Aha , i love that you post blogs everyday almost cause i love reading them :)

onionskin , hmm , imma start using that .

and i think the elephant did it , totally suspicious ! :)

Megan on March 14, 2010 at 9:07 PM said...

Aw Bear is just adorable!
Really, too cute :)
I've always wanted a cat....



I've never used Lush products, but I've seen your videos on them and I think I may try them out soon.


I love your blog :D

banana on April 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM said...

I think it was probably booga trying to get bear in to trouble ;)

XxCuppehcakexX on May 17, 2010 at 6:57 PM said...

love your blog :]

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b