Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bear: Part Sloth, Part Lightning Bug


Sloth: a funny looking animal with a long neck that sleeps all day. The other night while I was watching Ice Age (which stars... a sloth. Go figure?) it reminded me how much Bear reminds me of one. I am pretty sure his grandma somewhere down the family tree was a sloth.




Case in point- Look at this picture. He is looking incredibly sloth-like there. On a different note, I think it is funny people think that I green screen my bedroom - this is the same bedroom with a sloth on the bed and a different comforter. That is some seriously good green screening powers!



So basically, I have come to the conclusion that bear is 50% sloth, 25% lightning bug, 20% mountain lion and 5% cat. The lightning bug (called a firefly if you aren't from the deep south) part comes from his love of my lampshade. He likes to be close to the light, ya know? It's only natural, being part lightning bug.



Hmmm... now that I'm thinking about it... maybe he is part ostrich? They like to stick their heads in holes (the whole, if I can't see you, you can't see me theory), and he likes to stick his head in lampshades...

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I still use the ostrich theory. If I get scared at night it makes me feel a LOT better if I duck under the covers. Then whatever scary monster is there won't be able to find me.


Hahahaha I kid you guys. Maybe he is just a normal cat, but I like to think he is special ;)


'-Elle Fowler

27 comments on "Bear: Part Sloth, Part Lightning Bug"

Morgan said...

lol! that just made my day :) love you and your videos soooooo much! i am hoping to get the clarasonic after watching your review on it :) bear is so cute! is he cuddly?

Devea on March 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

This post definitely just made my day!!

http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

where did you get that lamp? I LOVE it and it would go great with my room! btw, i love me some bear!

MsAnnDee on March 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM said...

I LOVE the Homeward Bound theme song...that movie is great! :) As for the monsters theory...I still run and leap into my bed when the lights are off so none of the monsters that might be under it can grab at my feet...it'd just be stupid to stand by the edge willy-nilly!
Is that really his full name?

devinequalshappiness on March 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM said...

Awh, Bear is a cutie, what kind of cat is he? a fluffy Siamese?

Love your videos, bear is quite the character. ;]

Anonymous said...

Bear is such a great name!

http://meowcake.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DO A YOUTUBE VIDEO WITH BEAR OR A VLOG!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey elle! when you gonna do a room tour at your house - the one you're renting with your friends?

Anonymous said...

OMG ELLE! that blog post had me in STITCHES! i think my sides split from laughing so hard!!! you are SOOO HILARIOUSLY FUNNY! not

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM said...

Elle bear is SO CUTE!! i have two puppy's one is almost as fluffy as bear lol....
xxx

Missa on March 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM said...

Thanks for making me smile today!

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

OKAY =) i totally agree. my favorite part is 5% cat. haha, honestly where do you come up wth these things. xoxo

Anonymous said...

lol !! =)
xo mw

AmandaQ said...

HAHAHAHHAHAAA! Bear's resume cracked me up!!! So funny! Especially the Sassy in Homeward Bound part. I love your blogs!!

Chava said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the title of this post, because I had just gone to a comedy show where they talked about this made-up creature called the "Sloth-Bear". Then I saw in the title it said Bear: Sloth and it was hilarious. Anyway, I don't have a cat, but my dog climbs trees, chases mice, and stretches like a cat. So I think that comes pretty close, no?

Erin Janecko on March 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM said...

Aww he is SO adorable.

And I was born and raised in North East Ohio and we call them Lightning Bugs too(:

Erin Janecko on March 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM said...

Aww he is soo cute!

And I was born and raised in North East Ohio and we call them lightning bugs too(:

Anonymous said...

Ahah that is too cute! I wish my dog was active like bear. She just sits at one spot all day ):

Mari on March 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM said...

He is absolutely adorable :)


Mari

beautybymari.blogspot.com

perfectionishuman on March 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM said...

haha bear is well on his way to becoming an internet celeb! x

Anonymous said...

Love the Bear resume! Hilarious!

Sarah said...

I say Lightning bug and I'm from Pa (Around the Philadelphia area) I didn't know that how you call them in the south too. :)

Anonymous said...

whats so funny is that i just finished watching homeward bound:)

im a huge dog person but, i loveeeee bear cat!
if i were to ever get a cat it would be one just like him!
he's adorable<3

Cristina on March 4, 2010 at 2:57 AM said...

Bear is Jinx? :O
OMG I adored him in Meet the Fockers!!! He was the best part of the movie!
I tried to train my cat afterwards, they're the same breed.

Could you have him say hi to me? :D

Kimberley said...

His resume is impressive Elle. That's one mighty fine cat you got there! :D

Anonymous said...

Was Bear really in Homeward Bound? That's impressive! =)

Unknown on March 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM said...

when I'll moove in with my boyfriend we'll get a cat coz I want one for ever! (I currently have dogs in the house so I cant bring here a cat..) and I'd really want him to be my ring bearer like Jinx ! lol =)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b