Monday, March 29, 2010

Recipe for the most comfy bed :)


Today I did some sprucing up in my bedroom at my parents house, and I feel like it's finally coming together. I had never fully moved into this room because my parents moved to this house after I had moved out, so basic items like curtains were never dealt with. So earlier I went to target and bought curtains and my two basic bedding needs that can turn any bed into a super comfy and amazingly soft paradise (and it doesn't cost a ton like a temperpedic mattress would!).
The first is just the basic egg crate style foam pad. I always buy the cheapest one I can get my hands on; this one is from Target and was about $15. Sometimes you can find them on sales though, I got my one at my house for $8!
Now be forewarned, this egg crate alone will NOT give you a paradise bed, you have to combine it with the secret ingredient below. I actually never understood the appeal of the egg crate alone; I don't think that it does anything as far as comfort goes - you sink right through it!
The memory foam topper :) Just thinking about it makes me smile. Yes, that is Bear on the top of the box. This topper combined with the egg crate makes for the coziest sleep of your life. Just like with the egg crate I went into money saving mode, and bought the cheapest one I could find. This one is only 1.5 inches thick, but it seriously works just as well as the super expensive 4-5 inch ones that sell for hundreds of dollars. This one was $70 for a queen, which is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I didn't want to wait for it to go on sale (cause my mattress at my parent's house is like a rock!). If you layer this one on top of the egg crate pad you will never want to get out of bed.

***********
On a different note, I finished the book "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. My thoughts? I really enjoyed it until the last few chapters when it was suppose to come together into a really amazing "ah ha!" moment... and it just didn't for me. The whole book was building and building and then it just stalled the last few chapters. Sad, but I guess since I enjoyed 90% of the book it was worth reading, right? At least it kept me entertained on my flights :)

xoxo
Elle Fowler

29 comments on "Recipe for the most comfy bed :)"

Anonymous said...

is your 'bella' bedding at your parents house?

Anonymous said...

i LOVE mattress toppers! they really do make your bed extra comfy!

-dani
http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

Kerry. on March 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM said...

Ooh I love the Bella bedding you twittered about! :) x

Pretty Shiny Sparkly on March 29, 2010 at 4:57 AM said...

Okay, I'm sold! :)

http://prettyshinysparkly.com

on March 29, 2010 at 8:30 AM said...

Such good tips ! i made the mistakke in buting a whole new (far too overpriced)mattress because i found mine uncomfortable when really i should have done this ..
Anyway , at least ill know for next time .. thank you :) xx

Steen on March 29, 2010 at 8:53 AM said...

I hope you will share a room tour once u have finished setting it all up and show us everything u have done. I love checking out other peoples bedrooms for inspiration1 :)

LinDa on March 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM said...

I'm confused I always thought you put the eggcrate on top?

Brady said...

I agree, mattress toppers are wonderful! They are also not as expense as a new mattress but can ad just as much comfort. I read an article on http://pillowtopbedsheets.com which talks about how a good nights rest actually improves your health. So buy a mattress topper today everyone and be more healthy tomorrow! :)

Maritza on March 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM said...

I have an egg crate and a matress topper on my bed! but the egg crate I have is too long, it's for DORM beds :( I still need to get a new one.

Chloe on March 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM said...

I agree Elle./
I always enjoying reading your posts there always so funny and interesting and knowledgeable at the same time.
Keep up the great work.
You have a writers hand and mind.
Chloe x

Bethcabforcutie on March 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM said...

I too was disappointed with the ending of the Lost Symbol. I wanted there to be this major revelation that came crashing down. I was like ehhh this is annoying and anti-climatic. But I did like most of it.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a kohl's near you? The memory foam is on sale at Kohl's, any size(full,etc.) for 29.99.

Hannah on March 29, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

I completely agree with The Lost Symbol - loved it til near the end, when I just wanted it to be finished and it just kept going on and on! XX

Nicky13 on March 29, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

Hi Elle,
I know this is kind of a random place to post this but is it important to prime your eyes before make up? And should i wear sun screen on my face everyday? Thanks so much! I love you blog!

xxkatiexx4650 on March 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM said...

i love you for this post! I recently moved back into my parents house an after sleeping on a comfy mattress at my ex boyfriend's for months, the one I have here feels hard as a rock! It's so hard to fall asleep! I will definitely check this stuff out.

xxkatiexx4650 on March 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM said...

i love you for this post! I recently moved back into my parents house an after sleeping on a comfy mattress at my ex boyfriend's for months, the one I have here feels hard as a rock! It's so hard to fall asleep! I will definitely check this stuff out.

thesimplethings on March 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM said...

I completely agree about The Lost Symbol! My favorite thing about his books is that the story is so fast paced that it never really lags in story.. except the end of TLS..

I wanted to mention this before but I didn't want to end up with any spoilers but you know that one part where Mal'akh is searching blindly for Katherine in that super dark study of hers? Towards the end when she finally makes it out of the darkness and she turns around just in time to see his arm shoot out of the darkness to try to get to her really freaked me out! I went to shower after this and kept imagining an arm shooting out from behind the shower curtains.. :(

What book do you plan on reading next?

Emilyanne on March 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM said...

Totally agree about the ending to The Lost Symbol. Ah oh well 90% of the book was good so I give it an A-lol

AshleeRose said...

Oh my God! I thought I was the only one! I was reading the Lost Symbol and really getting into it, feeling very smart and intellectual for reading such a book... and then I got to the last couple of chapters. That part just made me go 'wait, what?'. I was very confuzzled. But oh well. As you said, 90% of it was great! =)

Megan Allison on March 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM said...

I have a lot of back problems, despite the fact that I am only 15. I am hoping that this might help my aching back :( I will have to save up a little bit, and stop buying makeup (which I fell in love with after finding you and your sister on youtube, thank you so much for that) Make-up has helped me to feel so much more confident. I love reading your blogs and watching you on youtube. I thank you so very much for everything you have done for me, without even knowing.

xoxo
meg

Fabienne on March 31, 2010 at 9:10 AM said...

I was really disappointed with the Lost Symbol. Probs because I figured out where the climax would take place within the first few chapters and the ending wasn't particularly spectacular.

On a good not Elle, my friend text me today saying that Stephanie Meyer is releasing a book (in June) about Bree (one of the characters from Eclipse) telling the story of her life and how the army closes in on Bella and Edward! Eee I'm excited, I hope it's not disappointing! :)

Here's more info on it:
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/news/daily-gossip/100331-stephanie-meyer-confirms-new-twilig.aspx

Fabienne on March 31, 2010 at 9:10 AM said...

I was really disappointed with the Lost Symbol. Probs because I figured out where the climax would take place within the first few chapters and the ending wasn't particularly spectacular.

On a good not Elle, my friend text me today saying that Stephanie Meyer is releasing a book (in June) about Bree (one of the characters from Eclipse) telling the story of her life and how the army closes in on Bella and Edward! Eee I'm excited, I hope it's not disappointing! :)

Here's more info on it:
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/news/daily-gossip/100331-stephanie-meyer-confirms-new-twilig.aspx

Christine on March 31, 2010 at 5:40 PM said...

Congrats, Elle!
You have been featured as "Must-See Youtube Sites" on my blog! See your small fame at:
Naturallybliss.blogspot.com

I love your Vids!
-Christa :)
xoxo

Sarah~ on April 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM said...

Oooo what a lovely idea--the mattress topper. I have 2 egg crates--I can only imagine how lovely when adding the pad!

Vanessa on April 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM said...

i know what you mean about the lost symbol, it wasn't as good of an ending as it should have been.

Anonymous said...

YES! Memory foam mattress pads are the best! I have one for my bed when I'm away at college, but I bring it home with me whenever I can.

Samida on April 4, 2010 at 9:12 PM said...

On a sidenote: My boss said the same thing about The Lost Symbol, but I'm going to read it anyway.

I've been trying to get my bedroom together for months and I definitely want to start with the bed

Nathalie and Janelly on April 8, 2010 at 2:10 AM said...

OMG YES -- I have both on my bed @ my apartment while I'm away at school.

Honestly, it's DANGEROUS haha... I never want to get out of bed in the morning for class!

http://www.youtube.com/CubanDolls

Jessica on April 11, 2010 at 12:34 AM said...

that is EXACTLY what i have on my bed at school...only i have the walmart versions of the bed padding! It was wayy too uncomfortable with only the egg crate pad so i got the memory foam and the combination is heavenly! :)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b