Friday, February 20, 2009

Calling all Lush junkies!


So I am going to a Lush tomorrow YAY! I have tried just  few of their products and have loved every single one, but I have never actually gone to a store/counter. If you do not know what Lush is, you can view then at http://www.lush.com
Anyways so I have sat here for about an hour making a tentative list of some things I want to try. If any of you have tried these or have suggestions for even better products, please let me know! Odd organic bath products like these are my favorite - I could spend all my money there.
Here's what I am thinking:
  • A bath bomb or two (any suggestions on which ones?)
  • Comforter Bubble Bar
  • Whoosh shower jelly
  • Buffy
  • Honey I washed the kids soap
  • Porridge soap
  • Therapy massage bar
  • Sultana soap
  • Rock star soap
  • Karma soap
  • Mask of Magnanimity
I will do a haul video this weekend, as I am also gonna get the Studio Sculpt concealer and foundation (Whoo hoo!)

32 comments on "Calling all Lush junkies!"

Deborah on February 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM said...

rock star soap is amazing, its the same fragrance as Snow Fairy, which is a shower gel which (in the UK at least) they only do at xmas. I love the comforter bubble bar as well and use it all the time, love the pink bubbles! Also, if you like almondy smelling thigs, smitten hand cream is amazing! I love Lush stuff, I always end up coming out with twice as much stuff as I went in for! xx

Anonymous said...

I really like celestial moisturizer (:

Zoella. on February 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM said...

Mask of magniminty is awesome! I've just done a lush haul if you want to check out my blog, and if you are interested in anything i bought let me know and i'll tell you what it's like. :) xxx

Anonymous said...

ooo i love whoosh, its soo fun!! i like the therapy massage bar too and honey i washed the kids soap. oo and you should try the Up You Gets Emotibomb, wakes me right up in the morning in the shower. you should also try the toner and toner tabs, there greatt for a day when your skins not so great and its fun to use. oo n you should get butterball bath bomb, its my fav n smells greatt.

The Monochrome Rainbow on February 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM said...

i have tried the mask of magnanimity which is a nice weekly mask. I love the whoosh shower jelly and it's gawjus, it smells really nice and softens the skin. I would reccommend baby face which is a really good make uo remover. Also the bath ballistics are amazing my fave is definetly the vanilla fountain! If u dont want to spend to much then i would say ask for some samples of items u want to try.

The Monochrome Rainbow on February 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM said...

i have recently done a lush haul on utube my channel name is cazy500 and today i went to lush again and boguht more stuff so i have yet another haul to cum soon.

Anonymous said...

hey elle...honey i washed the kids soap is amazing...smells like so so good. Also get at least 2 or 3 bars of Buffy...you can end up using one bar quickly but the results are worth it...the sales assistant at lush told me to use all over my legs as well rather than just how its meant to be used and my legs never been more soft or silky! coz it has coco butter in it you dont need to apply lotion to your legs afterwards...another plus? my bf cant keep his hands off my legs lol

s
x

jessicajane on February 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM said...

i have porridge soap,
the comforter,
therapy massage bar,

they're all really nice products
the comforter smells soooo gorgeous and so does the porridge soap.
they have to be my two favourites :D

xoxo

Charlotte on February 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM said...

Buffy really is an excellent product! I also love Ceridwyn's Cauldron or Dreamtime bath melt, but these are only for soaking in the bath. It is literally like having a bath in cocoa butter, so not very refreshing but you emerge ultra moisturised! Happy Shopping :)

TiffanyD on February 20, 2009 at 3:48 PM said...

Sultana and Rockstar are my two favorite soaps!! You'll LOVE them! Sweetie Pie shower jelly is my absolute favorite of the shower jellies. Therapy is AWESOME...my favorite massage bar. I just used the last bit of my buffy today!! It's great, but a little abrasive, so be careful.
If you take a lot of showers, Sex in the Shower emotibomb is great. Just break it into pieces and don't use the whole thing at once. Also, you can put it in a soap dish or on a shower seat to last longer :) Oh Lord... I could go on...lol

Soraya on February 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

Baby face! Its great at removing makeup xx

Javy on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM said...

i posted all my lush favorites on my blog, check umm out here:

http://scarletempress.blogspot.com/2009/02/lush-favorites.html

Anonymous said...

you need to get the therapy massage bar and angels on bare skin. it will change your life!!

Anonymous said...

comforter is gr8
buffy is gr8
H.I.W.S.K.S is gr8
therapy is gr8
rock is gr8
i would recommed vanilla fountain, its realy nice, it a bath bomb

Anonymous said...

I love Think Pink bath bomb!
&Creamy Candy bubble bar..
And the comforter is so cool
Thats my fav.

Oh and in the shop the assistants are really nice and do demonstrations and stuff..
In the ones in the UK anyway X

Anonymous said...

I really liked my Butterball bathbomb..it was super moisturizing! :) and it smells yummy too

Oh, and the bubblebars are to die for! Have fun at Lush :D

Ash on February 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM said...

If you love bubble baths, the Amandopondo Bubble Bar is amazing. It has rose oil in it so it smells good it creates (in my opinion) the best bubbles.

I love the rockstar soap too, it is one of my current favorites that I'm using! It smells like candy, love it.

Also, their Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser works wonders on the skin, if you're looking for something new to try! Yeah I'm definitely a Lush Junkie, have fun! :D

AbbieAndBrian on February 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

A bath bomb or two
- i'de recomend honey bee and vanilla fountain

Comforter Bubble Bar
- i am currently using this and love it but my favourite bubble bar is creamy candy bath

Whoosh shower jelly
- i have this and love the smell but find the jelly really hard to work with, its kind of slips and slides everywhere :S


Honey I washed the kids soap
- the first thing i ever bought from lush and is probably still one of my fav products.

Rock star soap
-LOVE THE SMELL! if you get the chance you should get the snow fairy shower gel becaue it smells like this but better!!

i hope this helps
and if you get the chance i'de really appreciate some idea's in response to my "MAC virgin" blog!

Abbie. x

Tiffany on February 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM said...

YUM I went to Lush for the first time last week and got Porridge soap and used some just last night too! It smells like molasses and... GOODNESS. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Definitely get the Marilyn hair treatment! It is for blonde hair and makes the hair unbelievably soft.

Lolita Riot on February 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM said...

I agree with everything you said! also check out SMITTEN hand cream! its sorta like the beloved christmas soap, snowcake. :)

jodienas on February 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM said...

Oh definitely get the Buffy!! I swear by that product =). I can't wait to get MAC's Studio Sculpt concealer but it doesn't come out till next month down here in Australia.

I hope you do a lush haul, I want to head back there soon and would love to see what you got and what you think of each product =)

Unknown on February 20, 2009 at 11:58 PM said...

a little unrelated as I don't have any suggestions for lush, but could you do a review of the studio sculpt concealer once you've tried it for a bit? it'd be really helpful!

Anonymous said...

When Christmas rolls around and they have the christmas themed stuff definitely get the snowcake soap. It smells soooo good and makes your skin really soft :)

kitten1711 on February 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM said...

I love Lush & have been shopping with them in the UK for about 10 years.

It's easy to be overwhelmed when you walk into a store so definitely a great idea to go armed with a list :-) but take heart that you actually can't go wrong whatever you choose because everything they sell is lovely.

Don't ovelook some of the less colourful items - my favourite soap, for example, is 'Milky Bar' (which looks boring but smells gorgeous); if you like the scent of that then you might like to try 'Hot Milk?' bubble bar which has the same fragrance.

Buffy is a great scrub bar (I'm using it at the moment) but if you prefer a fruity smell rather than a more herbal scent then I highly recommend 'You Snap the Whip' which is equally scrubby but smells of blackcurrant instead.

Happy shopping & hope this helps!

Txx

Anonymous said...

hey elle
i just went to lush today and got
rockstar
porridge
therapy
yummy yummy yummy (supposed to smell like rockstar but in liquid form)
and mask of magnaminty

at my lush store (in hawaii) they are having a promotion. spend 40 get a free therapy massage bar! hopefully they are doing that at your lush too!! take advantage of it! its easy to spend 40 there haha!

xoxo, ashley (xsunshiine on youtube)

Lexie on February 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM said...

You have to try Melting Marshmallow Moment, its a luxury bath melt and it's bright pink and ablsolutely gorgeous in a way that words cannot describe.

Buffy is also my Lush staple. Cannot.Shower.With out. it.

Anonymous said...

for bath bombs i always get 'think pink' because it makes the bath pink with flowers and pretty stuff in and smells great and butterball because its like bathing in moisturiser, it makes me so soft. Hope that helps!x

Somaly on February 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM said...

hey love. came to swing by to see if you would be interested in some contacts. =] ounsreysomaly@live.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle,
I think i amost had a heart attack when i saw you do a post on Lush! I am addicted to that store.

If you love warmer smells (like i do) try;
Ma Bar- Its a chocolate/vanilla-ry smelling bubble bar. You only need to use half of it at a time, and creates enormous loads of bubbles!

Honey I washed the Kids Soap and Porridge Soap- Amazing smelling soaps, Just DONT LEAVE IN YOUR SHOWER! It will melt away! Haha.

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask- This smells just like chocolate frosting! It only last for 3 weeks, and needs to be refidgerated, but it works wonders. Lush is amazing in that, if you ask for a sample of anything, 99 out of a hundred times... they will give you one. So you should see if you can get a sample first.

Soft Ceour Massage Bar- This is incrediable smelling! Contains a real piece of chocolate in it, and works really well as a perfume.

Therapy Massage Bar- Amazing on stretch marks.

Flying Fox Shower Gel- LOVE THIS! Yummyyyyy!

Hopes this helps.

Anonymous said...

You should get the Sex Bomb Bathbomb. It's so amazing ;)
I love how the smell of jasmine lingers on my skin for hours after. Highly recommend!
I also love the Think Pink bathbomb because it looks really cute.

pinkappleblush on February 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM said...

i don't know if they still do it but i used to get a soap from there called carmen miranda, it's gorgeous & fruity you'd love it :) x x

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b