Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend with Lollipop26


Hey everyone! So I just had the most amazing weekend with lollipop26 - my youtube "big sister". She was the person whose videos I stumbled across last July, and if you had told me then that in a years time we were going to be gallivanting around New York I would not have believed you at all. As I write this I feel like I am thinking in a British accent :)
Here were the highlights of our weekend:
  • Me teaching her cursive at dinner while our waiter tells me my cursive looks like a grade schooler.
  • Buying everything named "Twilight".
  • Laura teaching me that it is only classy to buy makeup with cute names, so "Bright Plum" was out and "Underwater Fantasy" was in.
  • Deciding it would be a fantastic idea to sew our own hair extensions - so we go buy some hair and some clips and then spend all friday night complaining that it is too hard.
  • Which reminds me of this - going into a hair store to buy hair and coming out each with nail polish, NYX jumbo eye pencils, needles from the 1950s (so we can sew our hair), earrings, and really trashy dangling belly button rings, just because we are terrible enablers.
  • Laura thinking that our green salsa at dinner was actually our guacamole, and that it was "very odd, because guacamole is actually normally a bit thicker".
  • Seeing Bruno - haha
  • Buying exactly the same things at forever 21 (which means our hauls might be a bit redundant).
Basically it was the most fun weekend ever. We are already planning a trip in October to visit again. I bought a ton of stuff so I will make sure to do a haul. I think I will break it into two parts - makeup and then clothing/jewelry just because there is a lot. We didn't take any pictures because we kept forgetting our cameras, and no video because we just didn't have time. We tried to cram everything in a 3 day period, which is hard since we both wanted to sleep until noon every morning.

I will get a haul video up as soon as I can, I would love to do it tomorrow after work if I am not exhausted. I also bought makeup for a "summer drugstore" look so I need to get that up SOON because summer is almost over! School is going to start for those of you still in grade school soon! Those are next priority to film, so those will go up this week.


BTW - Laura and I had a long heart to heart about when you know you have too much makeup and it is time for an intervention. She said she knew when she went to buy makeup one day and the bag sat in her room for 2 days untouched. So we went into my room and lo and behold - a mac bag, with 2 MSF's - untouched. She embarked on Project 10 pan as her mission - I am going to do a massive blog sale. I will sell makeup of course, but I think I will sell so other things too - like my unworn coach shoes (Size 8 :) ), and my dooney and bourke bags. I could sell them on ebay but I feel like it would be easier to do it on a blog sale, and if they don't sell then I will do ebay. When I go home in a few weeks I will do it, but it will probably be US only to make shipping simple, so I can get the packages out the next day (Sorry!)

Okay I work in the morning and it has been an amazing, but exhausting, weekend so I should probably go to bed now. Love you guys tons - can't wait to be back in my bedroom at my own house at school - I feel like it has been AGES! xoxo :)

35 comments on "Weekend with Lollipop26"

Dana on July 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM said...

aw, this blog made me happy! i didn't have one of the greatest weekends, so reading about a fun one made me smile! love you girls, sounds like you had tons of fun! cant wait for that haul video! xx

tofupoo on July 20, 2009 at 12:47 AM said...

lol aw that reminds me of when i went to disney world and we wanted to spend all day at the parks but this meant waking up at like 6 am eeek. that sounds like such a dream that you got to meet her! im still catching up on bachelorette btw lol :(, but i can already tell Wes is an ass ew. cant wait for the halls especially the clothing one! (i havnt bought new clothing in sooo loonggg >.<). and i will def try to score something from your blogsale..i hope

SparklesandBows on July 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM said...

Im glad that you had a lovely weekend! I look forward to your haul videos!!!
I wish you would send internationally on your blog sale!!!
:-(

Aimee xo

tofupoo on July 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM said...

uhm...*hauls..i wish there was an edit button!!

Chelsea on July 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM said...

sounds like a great weekend! looking forward to the summer drugstore look! take care! xo

Unknown on July 20, 2009 at 12:57 AM said...

Wow! Sounds like you had so much foun with Laura! Can't wait for the haul and the summer drugstore tutorial!

ann marie on July 20, 2009 at 12:59 AM said...

elle! im so glad that you are posting often, and i love that it is not all pictures cause i read through the whole thing!

Vanessa on July 20, 2009 at 1:17 AM said...

I love your blog Elle! Glad you had a good weekend!

Unknown on July 20, 2009 at 2:20 AM said...

i cant wait for the blog sale! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun! i loved this blog! you should do them more often because i'm sure a lot of people love hearing from you! :)

ForDGRedial on July 20, 2009 at 3:49 AM said...

Oh I got all excited about the blog sale and then got to the 'US only' bit...I'll have to play the 'what would I buy if I lived in the US' game in my head haha. Sounds like an amazing weekend though!Mwahx

Lisa on July 20, 2009 at 5:41 AM said...

Sounds like a fab weekend!
Wish you would do international shipping though :(

x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa on July 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM said...

Woah! ^^ no ones making you look at her blog? So if you dont like it, don't read it!
Nice post, can't wait to see what you both bought! :) Glad you had a good time!
x

Unknown on July 20, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

Can't wait to see both of your hauls and blog entries after ur weekend together, being keeping up to date on twitter too =)

JennXOXO on July 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM said...

Aw, it sounds like you two had so much fun! Can't wait to see both of your hauls :)

cocobella21 on July 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see your hauls :) I'm excited for the blog sale..I will be having one soon also. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!Sounds like you had a great time. I love lauras accent! I think I would be trying to adapt it while I was with her.

Can't wait to see what you have purchased!!

Heather

Kiss on July 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM said...

When you said that you know you have a problem when you have an unopened makeup bag in your room i was mentally picturing my dresser making sure i had atleast opened the bags i got from sephora this weekend lol. Cant wait to see the hauls!

Natalie said...

that's so cool! i can't wait for the blog sale!! i just went to MAC and sephora for the first time on saturday! it was so amazing! i'm going back on august 1! it's so expensive though, so i would love to get some of yours at a discounted price! even if it's slightly used

Anonymous said...

Awesome haul! I love watching both of you.

Please consider making your blogsale available internationally- Atleast to Canada!! Thank you!

Kiss on July 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM said...

ugh, it deleted my comment! Ok so here goes again, i watched the vids, and i have a suggestion to help get rid of your under eye puffiness. I have a lot of friends/clients with the same problem, some much worse, and the one thing they have in common is potassium deficiency. One banana has your RDA of potassium in it, and all the people i know that have inceased their potassium intake have solved this problem. However, DO NOT TAKE A POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENT! the side effects are serious, i.e heart attack. I'm not sure if youre interested in knowing why, but heres the reason, all cells in the body have a sodium/potassium pump, which regulates the fluid contained inside and outside of the cell, if there is too much sodium or potassium the fluid doesnt pass through the cell wall, which would make your eyes puffy, and also this is most often the cause of those annoying calf cramps, the ones that dont go away, and are excruciating, eating a banana helps this also. Anyway, but if you drastically increas your sodium or potassium, as in using a supplement, it could stop your heart.So one banana is plenty. I hope this helps!and i hope i didnt scare you, its just that some people think a lot of a good thing is a good thing, and its not always true.

lelila on July 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM said...

i remember in one of your vids that you said you read every single comment in your vids and blogs. so here's one for you...

Wish you would do international shipping elle! haha.

Cats on July 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

Please do international shipping :D

Gillian on July 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM said...

Sounds like you had a great time and ill defo subscribe to you on youtube now!:) .. im new at blogger and im just after doing my first post and id love if you could have a look and follow me if you like what you see :)

cchaoticc on July 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM said...

waw u had great time! I saw your hauls and I'm jelouse on u so much now:D. It's so great that u paid for hair just 80$, here in our country are more expensive.

please check my blog ;)
http://chaoticc-freak.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's really funny. I have just started watching youtube make up vedio this year, and both you and lollipop 26 are my favorates. Suddenly last week I got to know (from lollypop26 blog) that you and lollipop26 met up in NYC. I felt it's such a small world!

Anonymous said...

I think in honour of you and Laura' get-together you should at least include the UK too in your blog sale :'(....in the name of twilight ?

RQ on July 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM said...

Sounds like so much fun! But next time she's in town, you guys better take pictures or make a video! :-P

Veronika on July 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM said...

you guys are both too cute! Loved the haul video! I have a similar necklace from forever 21 that has cream, pink and yellow daisies mixed with pearls- love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I´m loving your videos on you tube, keep up the good work, next include pictures in your blog, that would give a diferent dinamics to it!

Gonna put your blog in mine, http://cafetokyo13.blogspot.com it´s portuguese, because live in Portugal, maybe I´ll start in english as well :P

Tani

Kimberley on July 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM said...

great haul! oh please do some looks video using your new sleek palette! i'm getting one of these and it'll be great to see some looks i could create using it. thanks dear! love your videos =)

pat jasmin on July 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

glad i lost weight now smaller clothe fit. great giveaway.i like the gray one the designer pocket is nice.

StarsnRockets on August 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM said...

you have your belly button pierced?!

Kayleigh on November 15, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

OMG such a coincidence!! I've been subbed to lollipop26 for ages and then, the other day, in my 'Reccomended for You' box was one of your vids. So I watched, liked and subbed and now I realise you two are friends!! Weird...Sounds like a fun weekend, hope you had a great time!! XD

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b