Friday, July 3, 2009

4th of July Makeup Tutorial


Hey everyone! Happy 4th of July Eve! So today I decided to film a tutorial on 4th of July Makeup, but unfortunately it did not come out very well. My bathroom setup washes me out really badly, and this was the first time I had tried to film a colorful look there. Let's just say it did NOT work. I miss my bedroom at school so much - colorful looks always come out well there :(
Anyway I have decided to turn it into a blog post so that it would not be completely wasted. I basically did white on the inner corners, red on the outer corners, and blue underneath with navy liner. I will list all the products I used.
  • I first used Fascinating Eye Kohl from Mac, which is just a white eyeliner. You can use whatever you have lying around your bathroom (this goes for ALL the products in this look). I applied this all over the inner half of my eye, then rubbed it in. 
  • Next I used Artifact paint pot from mac, a deep red base on the outer corner of my eyes. 
  • I applied a white shimmery eyeshadow (Naked Cosmetics Mother Nature 1) over the white base and a red shimmery eyeshadow (MUFE star powder in 921) over the red part.
  • I used a deep blue shimmery shadow (Naked Cosmetics Ebony 2) under my eyes.
  • For Liner I used Navy Stain from Mac on both the upper line and the waterline.
  • For a inner corner highlight and my brow highlight color I used Naked Cosmetics Ivory 6, which is a gorgeous white with blue duocrome. 
  • For gloss I used Macs Underage for just a neutral pink. 
And then we are done! I like the way this turned out, I wish the video had been alright. Have a great 4th of July everyone!

19 comments on "4th of July Makeup Tutorial"

Anonymous said...

this is such a great look! thanks Elle your amazing :) x

Helen on July 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM said...

I can't wait to try this out!
Thanks Elle ! (:

Shardiexo on July 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM said...

that crease color is super pretty (:
xo

tofupoo on July 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM said...

omgosh this look is sooo pretty! loves it.yeah your bathroom is really bright i can see how it would wash you out :( that sucks

Zoeey on July 3, 2009 at 6:20 PM said...

This look really suits you!
I like how you added the american flag into the look in a subtle way :) x

Lush19 on July 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM said...

This look is sooo pretty! I love it!

lush19.blogspot

romo505 on July 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

thiss looks amazing. defiantly trying it for th4 4th :D

*~Lauren~* on July 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM said...

I love this look, im always a bit iffy about trying to wear red because it can be quite hard to do but this looks so good, im definately gonna try it1
Thankyou xx

Anonymous said...

You should always take a picture for your videos so we can see the full effect!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous look!
im gonna wear it tomorrow maybe
:D

Unknown on July 3, 2009 at 10:48 PM said...

I love this look! You did a great job!

Sunnie on July 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM said...

Hmm, I did a blog post on my 4th of July look, but I might have to do yours instead! This look is pretty enough to wear anytime, not just for this holiday.

http://spotlightonbeauty.blogspot.com

ChiChi on July 4, 2009 at 4:31 AM said...

this looks gorgeous, too bad the lighting didnt work out in your bathroom

Chiara on July 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM said...

Such a pretty look! This is giving me inspiration for my French national day makeup (I'm french) as our flag has the same colors.

LaurenEverall on July 5, 2009 at 5:15 AM said...

Hey elle u rock im only 13 i luv ur vids n blairs I luv Ur make-up
xx
LaurenEverall

LadyLashes on July 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM said...

this looks so good on you!

Unknown on July 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM said...

Love it!!! I was really hoping you would do a 4th of July look, the only thing I'm sad about is that I couldn't see it in time to wear it myself ;) Well :( maybe next year.

barbiechickabowwow said...

that look is soooo cute i should of tried to do something like that for fourth of july =(
but anyways i love it!! ur awesome!!xoxoxoxoxo

Michael Jackson on July 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

o my GoOd!This look it's amazing!I love it!So much!Of course I need to try this look!i ma so exating!So have a nice summer!
xoxoVlada
pliz watch me and sub,ok?
i ma new here in blogger,and of course in the youtube!
Follo me on blo: www.vlada-fruttylime07.blogspot.com
follow me on youtube:
www.youtube.com/evolly7
Tnx verry much!You are great girl!And good!
XoxoVlada (evolly7)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b