Saturday, July 4, 2009

Small Clothing Haul


Today I went shopping with my roommate in Soho. We hit up a few stores including Necessary Clothing and a few more boutique-y type places. I didn't go CRAZY, but I did buy a few things :) I thought I would share!



This top was from necessary clothing and I thought it was cute. It is A LOT cuter on than it is in this picture, but that goes for most clothing items. I tried on about 11 things from this store and this was the ONLY thing that looked decent. I felt like the whole store was designed for someone a whole foot shorter than me haha (I am 5'8, so I am tall!)









I love scarves in the winter - it is a good way to add a pop of bright color to your look so I got a few of these. I know it is not winter right now but it will be soon enough! And I go to school in a pretty cold place - the winters are icy and brutal! 











These were my FAVORITE find!! I'm sure lots of you have these, but they are little bandeau tops that you can wear under tanks or shirts that come down too low in the front. They aren't bras but you can wear them over strapless to give you more coverage under a low cut top. They had them in EVERY color at necessary clothing, and the best part is - they are only $3.99 each! Score! I might do a video talking about this because it is one of those tricks that REALLY save my life sometimes. 









I also got a few accessories - a black stretchy belt and 2 bracelets :) Yay for a successful shopping day! AND I rode the subway for the first time.. which was quite the experience. I definitely see how it is the quickest/cheapest way to get around NY but it was slightly scary :/

24 comments on "Small Clothing Haul"

Unknown on July 5, 2009 at 12:46 AM said...

You should do a video! Please! Omg those are cute!! ^_^

tofupoo on July 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM said...

yay a clothing haul!! love the jewelry! and yess those little tubey things are a muusssttt have!

Mackenzie said...

I was shopping in SOHO today too!!! Yay for 4th of July shopping!

Rardin on July 5, 2009 at 1:01 AM said...

Cute top! I like your accessories too. I know what you mean about clothes looking better in person...I just updated my blog w a pic of a new top & it looks so lovely in person but in photos, not so much!

Elizabeth Donskaya on July 5, 2009 at 1:15 AM said...

I love those bracelets! And Express used to have gold and silver bandeau, they're soo handy, I'm sure you'll put them to good use ASAP :o)

HEARTSTARBOLT on July 5, 2009 at 3:18 AM said...

Lovin it! You get the cutest stuff. :D Keep up the posts! Love ya!

-Anthony (@HeartStarBolt)

KRYSTAL on July 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM said...

i love the accessories! super cuute!

Tiffani on July 5, 2009 at 1:40 PM said...

I got to SoHo a lot for the luch and mac there =) Do you know the address of the store you got the bandeau tops from? i would LOVE to pick some of them up!!

Em on July 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM said...

what shop in SoHo im short lol.

Cristina. on July 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM said...

i looooove bandeu tops. im wearing one right now too! haha thrp ink one is my fav :)

jessicaashley64 on July 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM said...

I love when you do clothing hauls!
They're my favorite, I like knowing what people buy, what it looks like, and where it's from.

ainsanali on July 6, 2009 at 2:31 AM said...

Great haul.

You really shouldn't be afraid of the subway. It's a great way to get around the city and a lot of things that you hear about it are normally false.

Unknown on July 6, 2009 at 4:35 PM said...

Nice stuff you bought. (:

beautyncharm on July 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM said...

Great haul, I love Necessary Clothing got the coolest jacket there about 6 years ago and it STILL get complements.

cerinebabyy; yiyi on July 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM said...

great haul
I love the first top
and yea I'm 5'8 also so I
know how hard it is to shop
for nice tops and dresses

&. you've NEVER ridden a
subway before??

thejawi said...

i love scarves too. i'm in winter right now (south america) and they are great as you said... i love matching them with my makeup (it's my excuse to wear bright colors haha!) xx.

Michelle Maldonado on July 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM said...

I love scarves for all the seasons LOL and those are HOT! Loved the haul. Pass by my sit and check my stuff out. I would love to have u as a follower or any of you guys. http://www.whytheblush.blogspot.com THANKS

Anonymous said...

that vest is so cute!!

Ellen! on July 15, 2009 at 3:11 AM said...

I love the top! And I adore scarves all the time, even if it's not winter! <3

mumbai on July 28, 2009 at 6:33 AM said...

Nice blog,i liked it

surat on July 28, 2009 at 6:35 AM said...

Nice blog,i liked it

Nina on July 29, 2009 at 1:38 AM said...

Those bandeu tops are so handy! Good buy Elle!
Nina (thelatestgloss.blogspot.com)

NoU!! said...

Heyy ELLLE..i REALLY lOVE YOURE VIDS i lIVE IN EGYPT...n i AM fan of youre vids n you,,, i'd love to see a Wardrobe Must-Haves!..n YoURE BAG COLLECTION tht will be great...thx alot..

krizzy09 on October 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM said...

i like these outfits i think ther cute can u put on a home coming dressing haul plese

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b