Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review on L'oreal Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer


So back in high school I went through probably 20+ tubes of this stuff and swore by it, but in college I got out of the habit of using it. Recently I found an unopened bottle in the back of my drawer and decided to give it a try since it had been a favorite of mine for years. I have completely fallen back in love. I use the medium one, even though I am quite pale, and apply it all over my body once a day. It builds in color, but honestly I am pretty dark after using it for only 2 days. Since it is buildable, there is no streaking or splotching of color. It is quite amazing. It is $9.99 at Ulta.com BOGO 50% off, but I have seen in cheaper at drugstores. One suggestion would be to rinse your hands under water right after you apply it. It is not intense so you will not get orange palms, but this just helps prevent any discoloration around the nail area. I don't even use soap, I just rinse my hands and then dry them. I rate this product 4.5 stars, only because it does have a slight smell. It is not horrible, but when you first apply it you can smell it on you for a hour or so. The best part about this stuff? It has tiny tiny shimmer bits to it that make you really glow. They are not too "glitter ball" but just the right amount. I really love this stuff.

Bottom Line: 
If you want a tan quickly without having to deal with possible mistakes, this is good. It is not expensive, and my ONLY gripe is the smell, but only for the first hour. I would suggest putting it on before bed (it won't stain your sheets, it is very mild). Yay for good, subtle, fake tanners!

20 comments on "Review on L'oreal Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer"

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elle! I was just looking at tanning lotions the other day at Target, and I had no idea which ones were good. But now I defitnitely know which one I'm going to try first. Love the blog!!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!<3

Daisy on March 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM said...

I love the moisturiser tanning lotions. I use Dove's Summer Body glow and really like it- I'm not very good with fake tan (it always goes streaky!) so these type of products are perfect for me. May give this one a try soon!

Tamuna on March 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

Oh, thanks for the review, I'll definitely will give this one a try. I remember using a tanning lotion in college (can't remember what it was called) but it smelled like burnt hair!!! So I stopped useing it:D But if this one doesn't smell much and doesn't stain sheets or makes ur palms orange, I am all for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm going to try this out now! :)

Anonymous said...

I used to use this a lot, but it started to get on my nerves when i felt like it never really soaked in i.e. my clothes were sticky and in the summer it felt horrible.

It does give a lovely glow though and I got a lot of complements...maybe better in the winter or if you live somewhere with cooler weather...

great to see you're updating Elle!

Christina

Anonymous said...

I just bought the spray version of this product and it's amazing! thanks for the recommendation!
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle! So do you know if you can use this on your face as well? Is it safe?

A BIT COQUETTISH on April 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM said...

Perhaps I will try this! I've been trying Jergens Natural Glow; it seems okay. Great review!

Bisous,
La C.

Unknown on April 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

Totally going to give this a try... thanks!

Tina on April 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM said...

Thanks for the review! I will be trying this one out!

anna on April 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM said...

Oh myy this is my new fav-blog! :) You are awsome.

greetings from sweden ;)

Anonymous said...

i looked this product up... and alcohol is one of the main ingredients. which can cause serious damage to skin!!!

if you care to know...

pgmaxtwo on April 22, 2009 at 4:47 PM said...

Thanks for the review. It's been on my list but I've had a hard time finding the pale version...thanks for mentioning that the medium is workable. Now I can give it a try. Love your vids and blogs!

Anonymous said...

I looked for this EVERYWHERE and was finally able to locate some at Ulta. I LOVE this stuff too! Thank you SO much for recommending it! I do hate the smell, and so does my husband, but it really gives me a nice nice tan which doesn't look orange. :)

Anonymous said...

How long does the fake tan last?...and after how many applications?

Jen on June 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM said...

wow, thanks for the review, i was looking for tanning lotions today, and didnt buy any. now i'll know that this one works well, so I will buy it next time i see it

Anonymous said...

i love this lotion too. i cant find it hardly anywhere but when i do i stock up for sure. oh and for the person that said it had alcohol in it, um newsflash almost everything does and just to educate you maybe you should read what mineral oil does to you...yeah so before you go and post something you know nothing about try to research because Mcdonalds uses antideppresants and im sure that you dont mind stuffing your face with that....

Anonymous said...

I have fallen in love with it too and just called the company because i was having troubles finding it as well. Turns out - it is discontinued. They weren't able to tell me why....

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

i want to use this on my face only .. can you aplly this to your face ?? it does not say not to put on face it says entire body .. my how is to stop wearing foudation'

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b