Saturday, January 9, 2010

a nice surprise


Last night I took a long bath, and I decided to use my Cinders bath bomb from Lush. I have been saving this one for several reasons. First of all, the scent is completely captivating, all cinnamon and orange. Second of all, this bath bomb claims to make crackling noises as in dissolves just like the sound a fire would make on a cold night. So, naturally I saved it for a "rainy" day. It has been freezing and snowy for the last several days so I figured last night was the perfect night to use it.

As soon as my bath was filled with steamy water I plopped this baby in. Now, before I explain what happened next let me say that lush has two types of bath bombs. Some of them dissolve slowly, like the "So White" bath bomb. That one dissolved so slowly I was ready to get out before it was done. Unfortunately, they are not all like this. A few I have tried dissolve as soon as they hit the water, and before you know what's happening they are all used up. Cinders fell in the latter category, and I was quite disappointed. The worst part? No crackling :(

But then... luck changed! Before I knew it the crackling started, and I noticed the water had turned a nice orange color. The smell was amazing, and the crackling went on for longer than expected. I can still smell Cinders on my skin.
Bottom Line? Yes, I would repurchase this one, but not to use on a night where I want to lay around in a bath for hours on end. This was a fun little bath bomb. I wish Lush made more stuff in this scent! $3.95.

16 comments on "a nice surprise"

Anonymous said...

first to comment! YAYYYYYYYYY!

GabyGirl22 on January 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

It sounds AMAZING I love bath bombs,and shower gels and stuff like that but sadly there are no lush stores where I live...but Im thinking of buying them online...which one would you recomend for me :)

XOXO
lush rookie

P.S when it comes to scents Im pretty much like u!

GabyGirl22 on January 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM said...

nice

LillianZahra on January 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

I loved this bath bomb - the smell was gorgeous. So annoying that it's a Christmas limited edition :(

Juicygirl... on January 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

I love this the smell is yummy & I love the way it leaves your skin feeling soft xoxo

Milou (Cherize) on January 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

unfortuneally there is no Lush near the place I'm living (which is somewhere in the north of The Netherlands). I went to Lush once and I really liked it. I think the bath bomb you've used smells very nice! :-) Also I really like your video's :-) and lush hauls! :D

Unknown on January 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM said...

Sounds wonderful sweety! Lovely review!

Melissa on January 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM said...

I'm so jealous!! I wish I had ordered one of these with my after christmas lush order!

Will have to get one next year!!

Rachelle S on January 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM said...

My sister was just talking about her Lush bath bomb yesterday. I have never heard of these before, and now you post a review. =)

Glendaaaax3 on January 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM said...

OMG - I need this. :) It sounds wondeful...

Emily on January 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM said...

I was really put off by this product as i HATE cinnimon..yuck! And when i got it as a christmas present i wasnt really looking foward to using it (i was going to give it to my sister) until i dared to smell it and OMG it smells like heaven. My new fav LUSH smell! x

msbeautyblogger/*Live*Love*Laugh* on January 11, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

wish I had a bathtub...only have a shower, but no biggie...been trying out loads of Lush stuff for the first time this Dec!

And it's all thanks to you! You recommended Lush soooo well, I just had to try it...even though we don't have a store in Denmark - I just had to try it - ordered from the U.K. and when I got my first package (I ended up ordering twice) in the middle of Dec I was soooo exited.

Favorites so far: Rock Star!!!! Sweety Pie shower jelly;) and Ocean Salt;)

Check out my Love for Lush - inspired by YOU - blog post http://msbeautyblogger.blogspot.com/2010/01/beautyblog7-my-love-for-lush.html

xoxo a big fan and now thanks to you Lush addict;)

ms beauty blogger

Lorie on January 21, 2010 at 2:24 PM said...

I loaded up on this bath bomb. I love love love the scent!

Arab-esque on February 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM said...

I love bath bombs too! I had a bubble bath recently and used the Lush santa clause bath bomb!

Cons:
*Dissolved so quickly
*No crackling

Pros:
*Smells heavenly
*Turns the water a nice redish pinkish colour.

:) said...

i want one i love orange spice smelling things or citrus

Sarah on March 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM said...

i loveeeeeeed cinders. My new favorite is the you've been mangoed bath melt it makes your skin superrr soft and smell amazing

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b