Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Evening


Sundays are very love/hate for me. On one hand, I love them because they are the one day that you can do anything you want to do, but on the other hand... it is the end of the weekend. I dread Mondays, even if I love my job/classes/whatever it might be that I have to do that day. It is 5:45 pm right now, and I am starting to get that I-dread-tomorrow feeling - even though I adore my internship! Isn't that weird? 

Today I slept in and then went to get a mani/pedi with my roommate. I think pedicures are one of the most relaxing things to have done, and yet I never make the time to go get them. My last actual pedicure was probably April, and I have just been painting them myself since then. I think it should be a goal to get a pedicure at least once every 6 weeks. Manicures are not AS important to me because I can keep them up easier myself, but honestly I think pedicures are completely necessary. We are so hard on our feet - and living in New York I am walking A LOT. 

Now I feel completely primped and refreshed, which is a great feeling. My nail lady put together a really pretty nail combination - Essie Ballet Slipper with Essie Mademoiselle over top. It is GORGEOUS - very clean looking. I might buy one or both these polishes to keep up this color. 

Tonight I am going to order Thai food - that sounds so delicious!! I haven't had thai since being here, but I am craving it tonight. All I have had to eat today was half a bagel... so yeah, I am hungry haha. 

What are you guys doing on your Sunday Evening (or whatever time it is where you are)? 

43 comments on "Sunday Evening"

tofupoo on July 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM said...

blergh sundays are uneventful for me. no one is really doing anything, theirs not a whole lot of new news anddd not a whole lot of new video submissions on yt! i have to spend my sundays watching movies basically lol. i love pedis :3. during school time i go and get one on days of finals/ mid terms. (if the class is a later non morning one). i just sit their and refresh my memory on the tests im about to have and then gt on my way. best thing in the world!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Sunday, so it's True Blood night! :) I'm cleaning my apartment with my mom and then doing a school assignment.

Amanda ;] on July 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

I've been watching sports ALL day, lol. I woke up to Wimbledon, which was aweseome. Then, I watched the triathalon....THAN, I watched the beach volleyball match. So, I've been on the couch all day ;]

Unknown on July 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

Sundays are sometimes boring and sometimes fun. I need to get a pedi sometime since I've never had one at a salon before but I've had done one at home either myself or my mom does my feet. Today I want to eat Japanese but I don't know if my mom wants to do it today.

Anonymous said...

its 22:59 here in the uk. I'm just going to log off my computer and sleep. Everyone' having a hype over Miley Cyrus doing a live chat soon in twitter...but I NEED sleep haha! will be probably meeting with my girlies tmrw and heading into town/ beach. I sure can do with a pedicure right now! Have a good day Elle. xxx

Unknown on July 5, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

Well that's good you got yourself a pedicure. I can't get pedicures. I'm so ticklelish. I want some Chinese food to but my family is on this eternal diet so, some things we're not permitted to eat.

I'm just kind of lazy today. I have been on the computer all day and reading for my school. I'm a senior in High School now and my english Ap class has to read 4 books by the end of august so i'm just trying to catch up =D

I like these kinds of blogs.

Audrey said...

it's 3:01 pacific so i'm just chilling at home, relaxing my sore legs cuz i walked around a lot yesterday in my town's parade, around the street fair, around the carnival, and back and forth from my car to the beach/street fair/carnival. lol. so yeah, A LOT of walking. but i had sooo much fun yesterday (: Hope you had a wonderful 4th too! =]

Sabine said...

Hey Elle.
I personally dont have a feeling right now for the days because we have summerholidays and I dont work :) so every day feels like Saturday or Sunday.
Today it was reeally hot and awesome weather so I went to swimming pool and it was very refreshing. when I got home at like.. 5 pm the game Federer-Roddick was on and my mum wouldnt cook until that was finished so I watched it with her.. At the end of the game (federer won-yaay) I was totally..tired..I wasnt able to do anyyything anymore..just watch some TV,twittering,facebooking...yeah this kind of stuff
now im gonna watch some grey's anatomy and maybe fall asleep (its 12pm in switzerland now *yawn*)
enjoy your chinese meal!
Love

JessKoeh88 said...

I'm not going to do much of anything today/tonight! Pretty much just lounge around. I think I'm starting to get a cold, so I'm going to try to ward it off with tea, cough drops, etc. :) Chinese food sounds really good!

Whitney on July 5, 2009 at 6:14 PM said...

Here is what I'm doing. Everything is on there.

http://hollistergirl09-whitney.blogspot.com/

Dana on July 5, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lolly on July 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM said...

I have mostly been preparing for an interview that I have tomorrow so will be glad when that is over!! I have cues cards and highlighted sections galore lol. I also decided that instead of a half day at work I would go for a pedicure instead so this post was a sign that I had made the right decision!! thanks
lots of love
xx

Bryanne said...

Glad you finally got your pedi! I agree, it's nice to treat yourself to a pedicure every so often, especially in the summer.

Sundays are pretty lazy for me too. Generally consist of homework, watching tv or movies and family time.

I'm loving that you're updating your blog so frequently!

katd718 on July 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM said...

I'm relaxing and re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before the movie comes out on the 15th :)

I've never had a pedicure or manicure.. I've got my ped-egg and all my little tools so I just take care of my feet/toes myself-- I would like to start getting manicures since I've finally managed to grow my fingernails out though! I think with a few good manicures I could get on track and keep my nails in good shape until classes start again in the fall and I start picking :|

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bryanne---lol Im that freak that was pestering you on blogtv and posting comments begging for more blog posts haha! I'm away to watch Lana's contest winners video *adore her*, gonna finish reading ,,A Thousand Splendid Suns,, and off to sleep...but I sorta wanna watch shopaholic even though its 2326 here hmmm....

Anonymous said...

it's 00:24 in Germany...and I'm really tired. But my day was awesome. Relaxed all day and spent a lot of time with my family. Now I have vacations and I'm really excited to see more blog-posts from you Elle. I love to read your posts because they are funny and well done :D I hope you will have a nice evening with your thai food ;)
Bye Elle.
Greetings from Natalie ;D

Holly(: said...

Welll, today I did absolutely nothing! As usual on Sundays. But I love it. It's one of my favorite things just to sit around all day long and relax. I think I may do a hair and face mask in a little though! Oooh, and a mani/pedi! Haha. Now I'm all excited!:D And I just finished eating macaronie! The BEST food in the world! I could live off of it and I pretty much do!
Have a good rest of the day girl!(:

Krysta on July 5, 2009 at 6:37 PM said...

I feel the same way about Sundays as you do. I usually just clean the house and also give myself a mani/pedi and finish up on homework, and plan the rest of week out! I hate mondays too!

faintsunrise on July 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM said...

that feeling .. I have it to .. I actually have it right now. it's so uncomfortable I hate it!
but glad you had a good day..
i've NEVER had a manicure or a pedicure in my life. I have ugly toes lol

MissJessicaHarlow on July 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM said...

If you're in new York and are looking for great Thai food try going to Spice. They have a few locations around the city. They make THE BEST golden fritters!

- missjessicaharlow

bronzed and blogging on July 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM said...

babysitting! but, i get to take a trip to my MAC counter tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

The best mani/pedi on the planet in NYC is The Townhouse...so relaxing.

jessicaashley64 on July 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM said...

I'm glad your having a good Sunday!
I also love how relaxing they are myself, I haven't done anything all day. I wanna see what your toes look like! Will you put a pic up please? :) I've never had Thai food before. Is it really good? I like that your posting more blogs lately, I love reading what people are thinking.

GossipGirl on July 5, 2009 at 8:13 PM said...

Sundays... gosh, you sounds like me :)
To be honest i've spent most of my day blogging, i cannot seem to find a better way to vent, or just send out a little note into the void, not caring who reads it, just saying what needs to be said :)
xxx

ariel said...

I know what u mean by dreading Mondays even when one loves his/her classes or work. I am nerd at heart and love school still by early evening on Sundays i get the same feeling u do :)
Today I got some pizza hut after a very very LONG time...later ton8 i m8 go to a friend's house. other than that i am waiting for my curls to dry and mayb later play with makeup ;)

Lolita Riot on July 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM said...

hey elle! you should totally blog more :) All I did today was nap pretty much! That means I will be up all night :S

Marylynn on July 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

Your blog is so cute, Elle.
Keep it up [:
and Sundays are the "sit back and relax days"

Anonymous said...

Any chance you'd post a pic of your mani? Those colors sound great together and I'd love to see how they look. Thanks!!

StarsnRockets on July 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM said...

hey elle, can you veto your poll for the next contest theme?! haha. it seems like the favorite is date-ish looks, but i think mythical-creatures or where-your-from would be the most fun! i mean, how often do we do our makeup inspired by a dragon or something =D just a thought

beautyinpictures on July 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM said...

My Sundays suck. I never get to do anything because my boyfriend has to go to work. I really don't trust my neighborhood enough to walk the streets alone. And plus, there's no real big shops around here, I have to take a bus about 10 miles before I hit a shopping outlet. I usually just sit at home, and make preparations for Monday's dinner, and then I relax. Hope you have good week Elle.

Jackie on July 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM said...

My Sundays are usually fun, because my mom is off, but today my cousin's birthday party was at 3 so we didn't do any daughter-mother bonding kind of thing. It was fun, we had a water slide. :]

tofupoo on July 6, 2009 at 1:35 AM said...

LOL i agree with camille! vetttooooo for mythical creatures!

Make Shake on July 6, 2009 at 4:08 AM said...

My sundays are usually spent with my mum...going to bootsales, cafes etc :)

Elif x

http://amakeupcar.blogspot.com/

SparklesandBows on July 6, 2009 at 5:28 AM said...

Just in case you were after a fun and easy blog post I tagged you in my last post (20 questions tag)... I really hope that you do it!!!

girlygoddess☼ on July 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM said...

I'm not sure if yesterday was Sunday or monday lol..haha...but I luv getting pedicures! :D

www.HAZELxEYEDxHOTTYx.blogspot.com

Nicole on July 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM said...

Me too!

www.makeupequalsluv.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I spent my time cleaning my room. I am re-doing my entire room and re-painting it so I am literally organizing everything in my room, so when I have to move my furniture it's not such a mess! I love my room clean but for some reason i can never really keep it that way haha. However I think this time I will try my hardest to keep it all clean. I am so excited to be painting it that I have actually had a lot of fun cleaning my room which is a surprise. But it's great that my boyfriend has been helping me out =]

REBECCA said...

CONGRATULATIONS !
I follow you on youtube but since i follow your sister on a blog, i started to follow you too =)
i like the youtube channel but also your blog. Keep going !

Leslie on July 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM said...

Hiii, I totally get what you mean about sundays. its the sunday blues haha..but i'm surprised you feel the same way even tho you are living in the city. im from nj so i figured my sundays were always boring bc theres no much to do around here. so i always figured the city has tons of things to do. anyways...i agree about the pedis! sundays are always when i get the chance to relax and get one done. xox

Unknown on July 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM said...

Hey Elle, I'm Maartje from The Netherlands. I know that feeling of yours so well. it's still weekend but you have to start thinking about the next day, when you have to go through the same process all over again.

On sunday evening I'm always doing the last things on my homework or i'm studying for an exam the next day, and I'm practising Clarinet. I loooooove my Clarinet so that is one of the best things that i'm doing on the sunday.

xx loveya,
Maartje

ps, I loooooooooooooooooooove your youtube videos, i'm a subscriber and you always make me laugh =)

R3 Method Show on July 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM said...

Sundays rock for 3 reasons: 1.peaceful
2.relaxing
3.I've noticed people love more.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle! Love ur blog!

Heather
http://vspinkgirlsblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown on May 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM said...

elle i've been wondering for months now way does the painting say behind your bed? i can only see some gals were born with....... and thats all lol :))

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b