Saturday, April 3, 2010

Belle Ame Bath Products Haul


Recently I was sent a box of goodies in the mail by a bath and body company. Before I get started on my haul and review I want to mention that I get sent bath products often, since I am quite addicted to anything relaxing, and rarely do I find a company that I reach for over Lush. That being said, I have really been enjoying this selection of yummy smelling goodies, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you all. I did some research on the company, and I like that they do not test on animals, and that each item is hand packaged with love. Even the picture of the store is adorable - I want to visit it!

The first item that I tried was the Honey Almond Foaming Body Scrub which is a salt scrubby dub with major moisturizing properties. It is $14.95 for an 8 oz. jar. This scrub is made up of shea butter, salt, jasmine, vitamin E, chamomile, and other soothing ingredients that feel and smell great. This is a great exfoliater, and my skin felt very soft and smooth after using it. You don't need a ton of product for the whole body, and I like how it foams up into a light lather as you are scrubbing. Before this I was using Lush's porridge soap to exfoliate but that one does not lather up at all, and it is a little too harsh for my skin. This one was not too abrasive, which I really liked. I like the scent as well - you guys know how I am about my Honey bath products. The scent lingered on my skin for the entire day, and I kept getting whiffs of it as I moved around. I must admit it looks a little deceiving, (kinda gross), but don't be fooled! It does not smell like it looks :)





The next item I tried was the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Shower Gel. Could this one sound any more yummy?! Geez, I want to eat it! I absolutely love the packaging for this one, all wine bottle shaped and glamorous. It is $9.95 for a 12 oz. bottle. My thoughts? I love the smell, but I can't say 100% that it smells like the name implies. There is definitely a hint of oatmeal and sweetness, but I can't exactly pinpoint another scent in the shower gel. Regardless I really like the scent, and I like how the products foams up. Just like the Honey Almond Scrub it produces a nice, thick lather that Lush products simply do not do. Sometimes I feel like I am getting cleaner if my product foams up, even if it's just in my head.


Another product that I must rave about is the Goat's Milk and Honey Lavish Lotion. I LOVE the scent of this one. I can't even pinpoint it, it just smells very girlie and perfume like. I have dry skin so I am always looking for a thick and great smelling lotion to infuse moisture back into my skin. This is what the blurb on the site says "Lavish is our modern, sophisticated and feminine fragrance. Our Lavish Lotion is made with Goat’s Milk, Honey and Shea Butter. Goat's milk naturally moisturizes, hydrates and nourishes skin and is high in protein and vitamin A. Honey is naturally rich in anti-oxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, and Shea Butter is a wonderful natural moisturizer. This thick and luxurious lotion is easily absorbed by the skin, avoiding any greasy residue, and leaving a wonderfully silky feeling that lets you know that you are taking care of your skin." For $9.95 for an 8 oz. bottle it's not very expensive, and I would really recommend this one, I LOVE it! I wouldn't mind a perfume in this scent, to be honest, and I think I am going to order the bubble bath in this scent. Mmmm... girlie perfumed bubbles... sounds relaxing :)


I was also sent one of their bath bombs, the Stop and Smell the Roses scent. This is a rose scented luxurious bath bomb that is supposed to remind you to stop and smell the roses every now and then. Speaking of, when Blair and I were in LA a few weeks back we were walking past a gorgeous flower garden and I stopped to smell one of the flowers, which Blair thought was VERY odd. She made an annoyed huff and I got startled and a honeysuckle went right up my nose. I think the idea is nice, but maybe I will keep my nose to myself when I am around Blair. I haven't used this bath bomb yet because I am saving it for when I really need to relax, but my initial thoughts are that it is pretty and smells exactly as it should. It is $4.95 for the little one, and looks like it has real rose petals infused into that bath bomb, which is always fun :) This one has Kaolin Clay in it to help draw out impurities with Vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids to help soothe your skin. I can't wait to use this one, I will let you guys how I like it.


I also got 3 soaps. I like all 3 of them for different reasons, and it is hard to decide which is my favorite, but if I had to pick 1 it would be the "Island Spa" scent. This one is a combination of Honeysuckle, Clary Sage and Mango - again with the honey scents! This company obviously knows me well to pick all these honey smells :) I can most definitely smell the honey suckle in this one and a tad bit of mango (which is one of my favorite fruits), but I don't know what Clary Sage is supposed to smell like so I can't be of much help there (LOL!). It has shea butter to moisturize and a layer of oatmeal to help soften the skin, and has a little seashell on the top of the soap, which I think is a nice little touch. You can bathe with this soap and set the seashell on the side of your tub and think of the beach. This soap is really nice, and not like anything that can be duped at lush - I will be purchasing one once I run out.

The other two I received are Citrus Crush and Fujian White Tea. Citrus Crush comes with a little Glycerin Orange slice tied to the top. I think I am a major sucker for these little details - the orange slice is reason enough for me to fall in love with this soap. This one is very fresh and clean feeling, and is the type of soap I would reach for in the mornings to invigorate me. I has grapefruit, lemon, and orange essential oils, and is a very pretty soap, if you know what I mean. I like the look of this one on the side of my tub.

Fujian White Tea is a very light and sweet scent that smells as you would imagine it to - a little like white tea. It has little poppy seeds in it that help exfoliate your skin and the scent lingers on your skin after you use it. It is moisturizing and soothing, and the type of soap that you could use morning or night - on one hand it is rejuvenating, but it is also soothing.


The soaps are $5.95 each and I used stock photos from the site since mine are cut up and used. My overall thoughts on this company is that I really liked everything I received, and I will be placing my own order soon. I love the Lavish scent, so I might try it in a few more products (like the bubble bath!), and since I adore all 3 soaps I think I will try a few more of those. I might use the rose bath bomb tonight - I'll keep you posted on Twitter @ellefowler.

xoxo everyone, let me know if you have tried anything or if you order anything from here!
Elle Fowler

33 comments on "Belle Ame Bath Products Haul"

wand_included on April 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM said...

it looks like such a cute company :)
The honey scrub sounds really nice :)

xxx

Unknown on April 3, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

Elle I Love you!!<33333333333333333

Anonymous said...

Those soaps are soo cute!! I love handmade soaps- they usually contain the least amount of harsh chemicals (such as SLS and parabens)

Anonymous said...

their products sound great! thanks for sharing!

http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

Sharon Landers on April 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM said...

Pretty soaps!!!

Sarah on April 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Em on April 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM said...

Hi Elle! I love watching your vids and reading your blog :)

Funny story about sniffing that flower :p I once sniffed a flower a bit too hard too and the petal went up my nose, kinda silly.

These products seem really fresh and organic and I love the fact that they don't test on animals.

Cute packaging too! Are they a possible competition for lush?

Emma xx

nish said...

hey just so you know, the foaming does not mean you're getting any cleaner, it just means there are more chemicals in the product! Lush is organic right? That's why it doesn't foam. So don't sell yourself on a product just because it foams, because certain foaming agents are actually really harmful.

That being said, the company sounds cute but i still think i'll stay with lush :)

Anonymous said...

I just visited the site and ordered a bunch of the soaps. I swear you are no good for my wallet, lady! :) Only kidding. I really like having someone with taste that I can trust. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, looks nice!

The reason some products foam up more than others is because they contain more sulfates, which are actually bad for your skin and hair in the long run (well, it's not going to destroy them, but if you can go sulfate free that's better) and the chemicals are reacting with the air. So, you're still getting clean without as much foam, but sometimes it just feels nice!

Jane on April 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM said...

I just took a lush bath today, this sounds look good stuff too! thx for the info!
makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah Belle Ame is in Pensacola, Fl., my hometown.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but I was sure that you hate the oatmeal scent. Was it just in my mind ? coz i though you hate Porridge from lush

Anonymous said...

I love these blog posts! Keep them up Elle :)

Anonymous said...

Belle Ame is an amazing company! Their products are wonderful. They smell great, moisturize extremely well, and are very affordable.
I know the owner very very well and she is so talented and dedicated. She works extremely hard, and it shows!
Belle Ame is definitely competition for Lush! I believe they are better than Lush. Everyone visit the website and order products! You will not be disappointed!

Chloe on April 4, 2010 at 4:26 AM said...

First of I loveee your blog!
Secondly this company looks really good! Might order something. Loving the honey scents! xoxox

Mary on April 4, 2010 at 5:43 AM said...

Have you ever tried Rub rub rub from Lush? It's a shower gel that exfoliates. I find it to be very gentle and foamy!

The soaps from Belle Ame are adorable!

Unknown on April 4, 2010 at 6:51 AM said...

wow, everything looks so yummy! It's such a pity that they don't ship internationally :(

Dandelion on April 4, 2010 at 6:52 AM said...

i love bath broducts... taking a bath is so relaxing i loove it

Unknown on April 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM said...

i think i like your blogposts better than your videos. no offense to your videos, i do enjoy them very much aswell, but i think your humourous/ fun side comes better through in your blogposts.. :)
lol now i'm going to take a bath, cause all this talk about bath products has me really wanting to take a bath... :D plus i need to take as many baths as possible before it gets to hot outside cause i generally do not take baths in summer/spring time..

Anonymous said...

these look really gorgeous! x

Beauty Health & More on April 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM said...

I will be ordering stuff soon! :)

beautyhealthandmore.blogspot.com < PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND FOLLOW!!:) IT WOULD MEAN ALOT ELLE!

<3 YOU!

Britton-Lee on April 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM said...

Hey Elle,
First off, I love your blog and your youtube videos!
I just made a new blog called Project Glam and I'm trying to get people to check it out now that it's up and running. Basically I'm trying to be more girly and need a lot of help lol!

Sarah on April 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM said...

Oh it`s such a pity that we don`t have this brand in Germany!I`d love to try it!
Do you use also products from "the Body Shop"?
Greets :)
PS:Would be nice if you read my blog!(I`m new!)

Anonymous said...

i know it sounds stupid.....but what is the official site...
i cant find it ...ehehe
(to give me the site..go on arubiandutch's profile....thts mine..and leave a message : ) sorry about the stupid question btw hihi)

cassandratiffany96 on April 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM said...

Hi elle.
Do you think that they will sell Belle Ame bath products in sweden?
Beccause I'm from sweden and I really relly want to try one of their bath bombs or something:)
Happy for answer:)

Cassandra

Tiffany on April 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

Hey Elle! All of these products seem really nice. How do Lush and Belle Ame products compare? Personally, I think Lush products are quite pricey, but they do smell amazing... so :P Keep sharing!

http://streetvanity.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh~! their products look good. I'll try them.
I was also wondering if you ever tried anything from Lux Naturals...I've just heard of them and wanted to get some more feedback before I order from them.

love ur blog and vids!

Unknown on April 10, 2010 at 6:51 PM said...

the thing about the soaps is that they are so lovely that ya just want to leave them out for all to see and not use them!

LS on April 13, 2010 at 10:15 PM said...

It looks great! Just waiting for the website to get back up so I can do some browsing! For the mean whilst, it's LUSH all they way<3
Thanx for posting about this company though!

Leah said...

I follow your youtube and blog, and even though this blog is not about Lush, I felt I should tell you (in case you didn't already know), that there is a chat party today online. It has a WHOLE bunch of the UK products available, as well as 4 shower gels available today only - Aura Suaveris (sp?), Honey Hugs, Avoshower, and the Comforter.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Love u Elle i watch u and your sisters videos everyday!!!!!!!!!

random:) on May 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM said...

Wow i really like this blog

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b