Thursday, November 12, 2009

In's and Out's 5


Hi everyone! Its been 3.5 months since my last real post, which is quite sad. I need to pay more attention to this blog! I will start with an In's and Out's, to fill you guys in on what's new.

In:

Vampire Diaries - Oh Stephan, how I love thee. I am almost ashamed to admit how much I love the vampire culture going on right now... I am not normally one to like that kind of stuff. I am completely hooked on this series and it's superficial "Dear Diary" style storyline. The cast is absolutely stunning, and it's making me crave a leather jacket like crazy! I can't tell if I love or hate Damon, but either way his cockiness is fun to watch.

Leather - Okay, so I will admit.. I don't really wear leather, except in shoes and bags. I do, however, like the idea of wearing leather. Leather seems to be very in right now, and I think the Vampire Diaries has gone to my head a bit (Elena and her cute leather-in-every-scene fashion).

Long Hair - I have been forever growing out my hair, and its finally starting to get long. I cut 4 inches off about a month ago so get it healthy and it felt so short. I really love the feel and look of long hair - so feminine!

Hot Chocolate and Banana Bread - Weird combo maybe? Blame it on the cold fall weather, but this has been my "cheat" snack pick. My roommate found a "healthy" banana bread recipe (which actually is a bit bland) but at least we can justify eating it lol!

My elliptical machine - I bought a cheap ($250) elliptical machine on a whim at my local Walmart and its become my new baby. It's kinda squeaky and weird but its little and cute and get's the job done!

Farmville!! - no description needed

Beauty favs of the moment:
FX Flat Iron Spray
Mac's Coppering Eyeshadow
My coastal scents 88 matte palette
Mac's 242 brush

Out:

Uggs - guys.. this is a big one. I think they are really going out of style (or have been and I have been fighting it). I finally ordered a pair or non ugg slouchy suede black boots for class because I came to the realization today that uggs were cool 5 years ago. Yeah.

Midterms - I'm finally done with them for this semester.

Sleeping - not that I don't love sleeping, I just never seem to do it anymore.

What are your Ins and Outs?

50 comments on "In's and Out's 5"

yolacey on November 12, 2009 at 1:50 AM said...

I must agree with the uggs things. They are totally out. I've never tried coppering from mac, but I'm dying too!

I love cranberry though. It's such a beautiful fall color! & I also love the 88 matte palette. So many colors to choose from!

Dee on November 12, 2009 at 1:59 AM said...

I LOVE DAMON, he's so sarcastic and everything that he says is hysterical! and also the fact that ian sommerhalder plays him <3

uggs are definitely out (although for me they were never really "in"), but you cannot deny the fact that they are ridiculously comfortable.

in's and out's for me would be:
in's:
the vampire diaries, of course =)
modern family!!! this show is hilarious, you should definitely watch if you don't.
GLEE! who doesn't like glee?!?fan from the beginning (hahaha. they're all shows so far)
YSL faux cils mascara! love this.
TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS DAY NOVEMBER 13! mark your calendars.
the middle of the week off. so random, yet so refreshing. but then i realize that i have school the next day =(

out's:
mean sales people, just cause you work at tiffany's and we are teenagers does not give you the right to talk down to us you mean sales woman! we're there for a reason!
people who think they're better than other people cause they're older (see above) LOLOL XD
COLLEGE ADMISSION PROCESS! personal statements kick my butt and they're due at the end of the month =(
i think that's about it...heheheh. hope i didn't bore you too much.

Daniela Rizzo on November 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM said...

In:

Ankle boots: here in Ecuador we still have lots of sunny days so I still wear spring clothes but in the night it gets so cold (because we are in the middle of the mountains)so I wear a lot of ankle boots

Banana bread or cakes: I live in the banana country so you can ask me for any banana recipe and i will love to share it

Out:

I don't know what's out! I think that's a very serious problem

tofupoo on November 12, 2009 at 2:04 AM said...

oohhh share your nana bread recipe!
my ins are
-eating healthy. somehow ive managed to be extremely good on this diet. no cheating i dont know how im doing it!
-i dont have it but i really want lighter hair! even tho thats against the rules i really want it! and longer, tho my hair is pretty long. i want it kind of gaga
-speaking of gaga i kind of love her right now., i was on the fence before. i thought she was interesting and had a beautiful voice but still thought she was alright. and then i saw bad romance video. what an artist, i will love her without shame now!
outs
uhm...
hm
-ohoh!! breads of most sorts but i have been using almond flour to make my own healthy breads
-flip flops :(. because its not summer and time for toes to go back into hiding D:
-my halloween spider web nails that i havnt managed to repaint. ugh ill do it tomorrow!

Daniela Rizzo on November 12, 2009 at 2:17 AM said...

Take note girls:

Banana cake (the ecuadorian way)

3 bananas
2 table spoons of butter
1 egg
1 table spoon of sugar
1/2 cup of cheese (cut into little pieces)

You cut the banana into little slices and put it into the blender. You put all the other ingredients into the blender as well. (You have to blend it but slowly) Then you put the mix into a pan and bake it for 30 minutes at 350°

I love this recipe, you have to try it...

Oh I know what it's out:

Being awake at 2:17 am doing my sister's in law homework

jdomakeup on November 12, 2009 at 2:20 AM said...

I totally agree with you on the ugg thing. I see them everywhere in my university. It's getting annoying. They make you feet look huge.

In:
- Not wearing make up - lately I have not been wearing makeup because I don't have the time anymore. Also because my skin has been acting up and putting on make-up would make it worse

- Skin care routine - i have gotten samples at The Body Shop for the Aloe skin care line. I have been using it. So far so good. I like it. I never done a skin care routine before so I am excited.

Outs:
- Midterms - i am finally done all of them. that makes me really happy

- Waking up early - I always sleep in. It's been quite bad. To the point where I am waking up 5 minutes before I have to leave for school or work. I need to fix this!! I need a sleep therapist.

tofupoo on November 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM said...

Woahhh Daniela ive never heard of banana cake made that way! ill check it out!

StarsnRockets on November 12, 2009 at 3:58 AM said...

i live in arizona. girls always walk around in shorts, tanks, scarves, and uggs. its the most painful combo ive ever seen. i cant ever justify wearing uggs unless its legit snowing.

brightshimmer8 on November 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM said...

I have never seen the Vampire diaries!!! is it rll good?
plus I love leather!!! i like wearing faux leather jackets. <3
love u elle!!
xoxo,
Paula
ps. pls visit my blog
brightshimmer8.blogspot.com

Jessica Hobin on November 12, 2009 at 5:07 AM said...

OMG Damon = love.
so sad about Lexi though, she was totally cool. new episode out tonight yeah?

totally agree with the uggs - people need to stop wearing them! ick. On the leather thing - not so into the whole wearing a dead animal. but hey, to each their own =]

ArdillaCheeks on November 12, 2009 at 5:57 AM said...

I totally agree with sleep being out. I love it too and just never get to sleep more than an hour a night during the week due to homework. Isn't school awful?!? Good luck on your tests!

Sarona on November 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM said...

I used to hate uggs but after last winter when it was so cold no pair of boots would make me warm enough this year I gave in and bought my first uggs and honestly I don't care if they're in or out as long as I like them and I'm feeling all cozy and nice who cares :P

InĂ©s on November 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM said...

ins:
farmville!!!!!! (just addicted)
small chanel-style handbags
exams - just started with them :(
dresses

outs:
flats, I just wear heels right now
reading
TV don´t watch it at all!!

k on November 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM said...

I LOVE FX Flat Iron Spray. It's fantastic.

Nikki on November 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM said...

You girls are making me hungry :(

My ins/outs

In:
- Big rings the bigger the better
- fake Leather I <3 it couldn't afford the real leather jackets/pants ect so am glad it's IN atm
- Rock meets classic lady
- Long hair (still crying that i cut my hair 6 years ago it has never being the same again...)
- books :D

Out:
- Uggs ( in my opinion they were always out ugly uggs)
- Skinny girls that say they live on a Mac Donald's diet yeah right
-Sending hate mail 2 twilight star Kristen Stewart (get over yourself people)
- Studying every day and no time for friends or yourself
-microsoft pc's (get an Imac/macbook people ^^)

okey... looks like I'm frustrated haha well maybe I am a little but after 2morrow I got peace for a few weeks :)

Ashwini on November 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM said...

In: wearing a different scarf every day of Fall, 88 piece CS pallete (me too!), Revlon Colorstay foundation, L'Oreal Vive Pro shampoo and conditioner with pearl protein, herbal teas at night after dinner

Out: messed up at-home manicures, waiting and waiting for Thanksgiving, chapped lips

http://clearlybeautiful.blogspot.com/

Dee on November 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM said...

I've actually never liked uggs. don't ask me why, just don't like them.

Ins:
churros and hot chocolate. yes it's been pretty cold in Vancouver too so i have been making churros and hot chocolate at home.

vampire culture- i can't wait for new moon to come out. and i can't help checking out Anne Rice's vampire books in the bookstore

outs:

red lipstick- since i spent almost every waking hour in school and as i am attending law school right now, bold make-up as kind of frowned upon as the profs will think u are not taking the subject seriously.

Carine on November 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM said...

I hate Uggs ! It's neither classy nor flattering for me. And it seems that every girl here in england owns a pair of these :/ Anyway, I'm glad to see you back to blogging.

KeLLi said...

I don't know what you mean by uggs are out.... I'm from the midwest and that's all girls wear considering we have snow. &I doubt they're out of style if people keep buying them.

B on November 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM said...

Farmville!

candycaneps on November 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

I don't care if Uggs are "in" or "out"

They keep my feet warm! Isn't that important?

Anonymous said...

i don't really think of uggs as a style thing, i think of them as a necessity when it is freezing. they are the only things warm enough sometimes! i think most people don't wear them to look cute but to protect their legs from death by cold air, and that is why they can't go in or out of style. they just exist

Anonymous said...

my ins and out's:

Ins:
Twitter--I love it!! Even more than You Tube and Facebook!!

Peacoats: I want one! they are so adorable!!

Gossip Girl: I just started watching this in October (ik!). I love it! So funny and cool, i also love the music and style on there.

Horseback Riding: I haven't riden in soooo long and I'm getting back into it. <3

Outs:

Ummm, I can't think of anything, honestly.

StarsnRockets on November 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM said...

haha wow a lot of defensive comments about Uggs! idk what elle meant by it, but as i said before, girls at my school (in AZ) wear them with shorts, scarves, and tank tops. its still like 90 degrees here. THATS whats "out" about uggs in my opinion

KeLLi said...

wearing uggs in 90 degree weather, yeah that's dumb. but in the midwest i doubt uggs will ever go out of style since we do have snow and freezing cold weather.

Nydia on November 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM said...

Outs: bright interior paint colors! I gave myself an heart condition with the pink! ... corded printers! I need to get myself a wireless printer big-time! Acutally, ANYTHING with a cord these days is lame! ... MySpace! Totally out for me. For years it's been O-U-T -out!

In's: Muted, neutral interior colors like Taupe ... Satiny curtains and mixing textures in your home and overall fashion ... IKEA!! (yay) - actually, this has always been an "in" for me ... Blogs! and YouTube WOO HOOO!

In/Out: Uggs - I'm just not ready to say "bye" yet ... Facebook's Mafia Wars and other "War" games - sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't ...

Jessi on November 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM said...

Hi Elle,
I also think uggs are definitely out, although almost every girl at my school wears them.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to dissagree on the UGG topic. Here in NY, everyone is wearing them. It's almost all I wear during the winter. I have 3 pairs and could't live without them!

In- definately NYX. I just purchased my first NYX items yesterday and am very excited to try them!

OPI Holiday colors! Love them

out- Tons of foundation and foundation that doesn't match your skintone and leaves that line under your jaw line (that's always been a no no, but I figured I would mention it) I hate seeing girls with tons of foundation caked on their face....ewwwww

Kate H.(www.sprinkletherapy.blogspot.com) on November 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM said...

I'm totally with Salona. I love my uggs and even if they are out of style..i still wear them :) they are so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

everybody owns a pair of UGGS wear i live. especially cuz im in highschool im pretty sure every girl in my highschool owns a pair except for maybe 10 people. they are very confortable but they are kinda ugly... but i love them they are so soft and keep my feet warm!! ill never stop wear Uggs even if nobody wears them anymore!!

Anonymous said...

Something to try, something to love: "Sweet cheeks sinfully smoothing brown sugar scrub"
I bought it last week and l-o-v-e it.

https://www.cakebeauty.com/cakeshop/product.asp?s=p35l7n227899&strParents=&CAT_ID=85&P_ID=165

~Lisa on November 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM said...

Oh, I agree about the Uggs. I hated them ever since they came out. And now, all the ads on this post are about Uggs.........-.- eww

LOL, I don't sleep either! Bad...my circles are really showing now =[

Follow me?
www.xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com

Sarah on November 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM said...

for me the in's are...
• skinny jeans. i love them :)
• ankle booties
• GLEE! i love finn!
• working out on my wii fit. lol
• project runway. go Carol Hannah!

out's...
• people automatically thinking skinny people are anorexic. seriously im 15 and only 98 pounds but i am perfectly fine.
• starting a convo with someone when i was in the middle of a conversation with them.
• getting obsessed with your crush. guys don't wanna date a stalker!
• trying to find "professional attire" in my size.
• "professional attire" only consisting of pant suits.

Laura said...

Like Kelli I also live in the midwest(KANSAS!!) and I own "Fuggs"(fake uggs) but a lot of girls own real uggs and it is so cold that they are a really great thing to have. i know a lot of people don't like them but that's okay. my feet are warm. hahaha. i think the slouchy boots are SO cute though! they are really in style right now!

Anonymous said...

ins:
-cranberry
-under your spell
-devil-may-care
-sweaters
-the color red
-open fingered glove things
-moccasins
-sequins
-peacoats
-glitter
-deep lips

outs:
-pale lips
-bright eyeshadows
-uggs
-neon nailpolishes

Sabine said...

My in's & out's

IN
-UGG's :) - it's already freakin cold in switzerland. they keep my feet warm, are comfy... I like 'em. :)
-NAKED pigment!!! <3 it!!!
-OPI opened a "counter" in a store where it also has MAC-products, so I can do a shopping tour in only one store xD
-S U M M E R
-Twitter ^^

OUT'S
-Winter. I hate it.
-Having school till dec. 23! No kidding.
-Rumors about Blair&Elle

uhm..
That's it :)
Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

in:
UGGs, sorry guys, i don't care if they're out of style they are comfortable and warm, and here in canada, with our harsh winters, they are the most sylish thing to we have to wear that actually keeps our feet warm
hats, i'm loving slouchy knit hats lately
gold eyeshadow, well this is just always an in for me!
house of night books, and it girl books, let me just say that house of night is a vampire series that in my opinion, is like 12,000,000 times better than twilight, any twilight lovers should check this out!
cat prints, i just love them! enough said ;)
MLIA sooo funny!!! i just love it

outs:
summer, i'll miss you, see you soon! but i do love winter, can't wait to do some skiing!!
big fat labels! sorry, dont want to make any one mad, but i hate it when people just have this huge label over their shirt!! your just a walking advertisment for that store!
FML, MLIA is much better!
Twilight, sorry twilight lovers but the acting in the movie is awful and once you read other vampire books, you'll realize that twilight is awful in comparison!

Unknown on November 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

personally I think Uggs are classic, just like converse. They're comfy and maybe they're not unique or orginal anymore, but they keep your feet warm in the winter! What more could you ask for? Everyone here in Virginia wears them!

Gina on November 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

In:
VAMPIRE DIARIES! <3
sweatpants
hot chocolate
rings of all sizes
black boots
sunshine
dark nail polish

Out:
uggs
homework
rainy mornings
mondays

yup thats it! <3

Gina on November 15, 2009 at 9:15 PM said...

In:
VAMPIRE DIARIES!!!
dark nail polish
rings of any size
sunshine
leggings
black boots
fridays
hot chocolate

Out:
uggs
homework
rainy mornings
mondays

Stacey on November 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

My 5 In's ...

* Twilight books & Movie ... soon to be the New Moon moive too :D

* My new Jimmy Choo's, all that queing up in the cold was worth it

* Hot chocolate and cosy nights in the warm

* No.7 Extravagantly big lashes in black - the brush is sooo good, its sqaure shaped!

* Heat magazine - it makes my tuesdays worth living!

My 5 Outs ...

* Dark cold wintery mornings

* Trains that are sooo packed in the morning im smelling someone's dinner from the night before ... YUK

* Chapped lips - damn you cold windy days!

* Skinny people who say they dont diet and eat macdonalds and junk food everyday ... yea right!

* Busy shops as its the christmas period


Follow me xx
http://princessboo88.blogspot.com/

KateNY said...

I am absolutely devastated that Uggs are "finally" going out of style. However, they were really never that attractive, I mean, they don't have a real shape or style to them. I honestly believe that they were only 'in' because they were so comfortable and it didn't matter how they looked as long as everyone was wearing them.
BUT
I am IN LOVE with my Steve Madden suede scrunch boots. I don't know if they have a legit name, but that's what people here on Long Island have been calling them.
OH!
Another 'in' is definitely Butter Super Soft sweatshirts. They are polyester sweatshirts that say Butter on one arm, Super Soft on the other, and the back has a "bedazzled" peace sign that reads Love and they come in every color of the rainbow. EVERYONE here has them, although, they are pricey, they are approximately $89.99 US dollars...it's sort of ridiculous for a VERY light polyester sweatshirt...but hey, people pay $150 for a pair of ugg boots don' they?

Karishma on November 19, 2009 at 6:56 AM said...

Banana bread and Hot chocolate is fab combination! U could try hot chocolate and walnut-date cake as well :)

emailhumaira@gmail.com on November 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM said...

Hi Elle,

Beeing watching your videos. Quite a lot of good stuff really. I was recently told about Sonya Colour Cosmetics on the site below. Seems to be 0.5 microns and completely natural. Could you let me know your thoughts on this range as well, since have heard quite some comparison across big names.

www.theflpbiz.com

Anonymous said...

all i have to say is vintage is always in no matter what decade it is.

but FOR SURE side parts are out and i'm sick of seeing them. i've thought they've been out for a long time and i can't wait to see what every girl in america starts doing next(sarcasim)following what other ppl do, OUT

Chaz18 on December 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM said...

Hey, I did mine on a blog post, check it out. I had some other things to put down at the same time so I thought I wud do it all at once so I cud add to it as things came to me.

http://theangellieswithinme.blogspot.com/2009/12/1.html

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope ur wishes come true, should those wishes be to meet your soul mate, find out you passed all ur exams with good marks or get a new pair of socks, I hope they come true for you =]

Savannah said...

In:
-Vintage-Inspired Pieces
*cough cough* = modcloth.com
-Original paintings from people on etsy
-Darker nail colors, excluding black for me.
-Kuerig Coffee Machine (it has hot chocolate too <3)
- Glee and Scrubs

Out:
-Uggs (sorry to anyone who likes them)
-Wearing PJ pants to school or out (I understand the comfy-factor, but I can never bring myself to wear them anyplace else but my home :D)
-Gossip Girl [The show] It has strayed so far from the book and now its uncomfortable to watch with all the sex.

Happy Holidays!

jaymemarie on January 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

INS:

Winter boots- Uggs, Bearpaws, etc. For the cold winter days, they're AMAZING. (: But, once it hits March, they should go BACK IN THE CLOSET, GIRLS.

Glee- Amazing singing, great characters!

Purples, Teals, & Golds- Great colors!

OUTS:

Tank tops- it's December, PUT SOME CLOTHES ON.

Energy Drinks- so unhealthy!

(:

SarahCee on February 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

aw I know uggs are out but I love them and they're super comfy (= !

Anonymous said...

I own fake uggs... I don't wear them out much. I have had them for about 2 years and only worn them to school once.... however they make great "slippers" :) My feet are always cold (summer too) so I wear them around the house alot!!!!!! :)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b