Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In's and Out's 7


In’s and Out’s: very short and not nearly as gratifying as a favorites video.

In...

My shorter hair - I know I got my extensions out ages ago but I really can’t get over how good it feels to have all natural hair. Not only does it weigh less and feel more bouncy and fresh, but it also requires so much less maintenance. I can dry my hair in about 5 minutes now, run a flat iron through it and go. If having extensions did anything for me it taught me to appreciate my natural hair so much more than I ever would have. I’m not making any promises to never get extensions again, and being a total beauty girl by love and by profession I probably will, but still…its nice to know that I am happy with what I have.

The plush carpet in my LA apartment - My apartment has the fluffiest, softest carpet I have ever felt in my life. I have no idea what kind it is but it feels like a shag rug when I step onto it. After living in my house in college for 2 years with literally the cheapest carpet in the world (think the blue industrial kind with no padding at all) this is a total luxury.

Speaking of that apartment, Blair and my new office room - another favorite of mine; we have been working on setting it up nicely. We each have a matching desk and chair which we are going to use when we want to edit, blog, answer emails, or anything of the like. It makes us feel all business like which in turn helps us get more done. I am also buying a little shelf to put behind my desk, which will hold beauty products I want to review and write notes on.

This blog - call me crazy, but reading my old posts makes me happy sometimes. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I’m always in really good moods when I write on here. I think writing in and of itself makes me happy.

My bathtub - This is just a general “in”. I have been taking baths like crazy, mostly because it gives me an excuse to lock my door and read for an hour. Everything about bathtubs would be an in, except for my bathtub in LA, which is an out. It’s unusually oval and I don’t fit in it properly, unless I sit Indian style, which is so weird I don’t even want to go into it.

Photography – I have recently fallen in love with photography. I really, really, REALLY want to take a class, so if anyone knows any good classes in the LA area please let me know!

Out...

One apartment “out”, my closet is inside of my bathroom, which I really dislike. I had first pick of the bedrooms and I chose mine, even though Blair’s closet is NOT in her bathroom, so I must live with it, but honestly I wish both rooms had it out in the bedroom. I feel like the steam from my showers will ruin my clothing! Bad, bad, bad!

The loudness of my house in the morning - I don’t know what it is but both the humans in my house and the dogs like to be extra loud until I wake up, and then they settle down. I think it’s a conspiracy.

The creepy bird creatures from the house of night series – last night I wanted to see the moon and stars as I fell asleep, so I opened up my blinds and got back in bed. This only succeeded it giving me the creeps as I imagined those scary creatures lurking outside my window, watching me sleep. Closed went the blinds and on went the light, resulting in no goodnight moon for Elle.

24 comments on "In's and Out's 7"

Anonymous said...

Elle, you make me laugh... Your blogs put me in a good mood too... I love everything you and Blair do...
Love.Love.Love.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading the house of night series too, and those creepy birdlike creatures are freaking me out too! Let's hope we both get over it soon.

Madeline on December 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM said...

First comment!! I love you to death, Elle!! You are so cool!! It would mean the whole world to me if you or somebody read my blog: http://www.ohmyjuicygirl.blogspot.com/
<3 <3 <3

Elizabeth Hope on December 29, 2010 at 10:59 PM said...

I love your hair!!! I so sorry about your apartment closet! I know how you feel I don't even have a closet lol! I use my computer/"play room" haha!

Visit my blog sometime?!
xoxo
StyleItInHeels

Anonymous said...

Lol I know what you mean about the Ravenmockers!! My curtains are always closed at night now!

Anonymous said...

The bestt

Anonymous said...

i love hearing all of this stuff about you and your sister. i wish you guys would honestly make more youtube videos. whats next for you on the life plate?

what did you major in during college and what job are you after?

Anonymous said...

Elle, I absolutely love reading your blog posts and watching your videos. You're hilarious.
& please don't think i'm creepy for saying this (i would think i was creepy) but i had a dream the other night and you were in it! you made a video with some guy and y'all were oddly making out! hahahah. how random is that? but i do remember that the guy was pretty hot so it's all good. haha. i hope you don't think i'm some sort of huge weirdo but i promise i'm not! LOL

Grace Wilson on December 30, 2010 at 12:04 AM said...

ha ha ha ha I love the house of night series!!!! my friend Kaiya and I always talk about how creepie the bird things are!!!! My favorite one is Hunted. You should also try the book "The Summoning" by Kelley Armstrong, and "The boy in the striped pajamas". The boy in the striped pj's is a super sad book, but totally worth it if you are a history junky like I am.

Anonymous said...

Elle I imagined the earth let out a little sigh* when you were born. Surely you know you contain so much more then the moon and stars! Yes they are arranged in an exquisite array; but they are distant and cold and only speak in riddles! Listen to their riddles and luminous outbursts if you must! But remember you have a gem buried deep within. A real heart like a precious ruby of which you adorn so perfectly. I'm beginning to think all those tutorials have made you think you were just another pretty face?:P

Anonymous said...

Elle I imagined the earth let out a little sigh* when you were born. Surely you know you contain so much more then the moon and stars! Yes they are arranged in an exquisite array; but they are distant and cold and only speak in riddles! Listen to their riddles and luminous outbursts if you must! But remember you have a gem buried deep within. A real heart like a precious ruby of which you adorn so perfectly. I'm beginning to think all those tutorials have made you think you were just another pretty face?:P

Tina on December 30, 2010 at 2:00 AM said...

I want to set up an office soon in my place too lol I like the business feeling, it really helps to get more done.

Follow my blog, I'd appreciate it !

If anyone follows my blog I will be sure to follow yours as well !

www.supaxkawaii.com

staceydianaclark on December 30, 2010 at 2:20 AM said...

Check out the smaller private art schools, more one on one that way :D Also be sure to check out the galleries in L.A! There are so many scattered about the city...If you'd like more info on galleries/schools/teachers let me know! I'd rather not derail ur post with a long list :)

Best of luck!
-stacey

SanSan の Life on December 30, 2010 at 4:34 AM said...

it is fun to read your blog !!
but i wonder did you take photo on your apartment your working room and blog it out ?
it must be fun ^^

Anonymous said...

Hey Elle
Maybe you could purchase a wardrobe that you can put into your room, if you have the space? You could get a really lovely antique one and paint it or something like that, and then, if all your clothes don't fit, put your favourites in their? Just an idea :)
I absolutely love your videos, and your absolutely gorgeous <3
Jess xoxo

Anonymous said...

Won't the steam will take any creases out of your clothes? :)

white-lotusflower on December 30, 2010 at 8:26 AM said...

great and funny post!
xoxo

http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

Unknown on December 30, 2010 at 8:57 AM said...

I agree about the bird creatures, haha. I'm glad you're blogging again. We love reading them.

Unknown on December 30, 2010 at 9:03 AM said...

Haa haa, I love this blogpost!! It made me smile!! :D
Would it be possible for you to do a room tour some time? It would be really cool!! Love your videos Elle!! -Alice xxx

http://www.youtube.com/ithinkilikecaake
http://www.alicelikescaake.blogspot.com

Jinsy Johnson on December 30, 2010 at 9:19 AM said...

i love ur videos and your sisters videos everyday i check your video. i am 11 so it would seem werid. please reply i never had met a famous person like u and ur sister. it would be a blessing. god bless

missjessiiiica on December 30, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

haha the raven mockers are freeeeeaky! I cant WAIT for the next house of night book to come out!

Laura on December 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

LOL you make me laugh! <3 <3

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU!! i love your blog posts, please follow mine. just started!
http://yeseniauribe.blogspot.com/

Priyanka said...

Elle!!! I watch every single one of your videos, i think you are amazing and an insprition to girls everywhere!!! Never change!!!:)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b