Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve


I woke up with this morning with every intention of filming a Christmas Eve vlog like I did last year, but sometimes you have to just go with the flow and do what feels right in the moment. And today, on this beautiful Christmas Eve, spending as much time with my family was just what I needed to do. I truly believe in doing what makes you happy in the moment, as long as you are not affecting others adversely. I am currently wrapped up on the couch in a big pink fluffy blanket, looking at the twinkling tree and listening to my mom and dad chatter about dinner, tomorrow morning, and past Christmas's. I just overheard "It's supposed to snow tonight. I haven't told the girls yet because they will get disappointed if it doesn't happen," which added to the magic of the evening.

For days I have been running around, completing errands that had to be run before Christmas. Now everything is done, every package received from the mail, all the presents wrapped and under the tree, the Christmas meal cooking and simmering, everything prepared. In a little bit mom and dad will call us to the table and we will eat as a family, passing things around and eating as much as we can. Afterward we will be stuffed and content, and we will sit in the living room in front of the tree, sipping on hot apple cider and listening to the crackling fire.

Later on after everyone settles into their rooms I will take a bubble bath with my Lush Christmas Eve bubble bar and completely unwind so I can fall asleep. When I was little I literally could NOT sleep on Christmas Eve, but for the past couple of years it has gotten easier and easier. I think tonight will be okay because I got up really early this morning, so I might be sleepy by bedtime. Either way, I plan on putting on the second half of "It's a Wonderful Life" and falling asleep.

Earlier I finished Safe Haven, the book I was reading by Nicholas Sparks, after which I sat on my couch and cried. It had an amazing ending that made me tear up in that lovely way books sometimes do. How is it that one author can have such a plethora of amazing stories? I would be so curious to know his story, or learn where his inspiration comes from.

I hope everyone has an amazing evening and day tomorrow, whether you celebrate Christmas or not, and that everyone remembers what this day is about: family, happiness, and celebration in what you believe. Sleep well.

Goodnight moon,
Elle

0 comments on "Christmas Eve"

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b