Friday, January 2, 2009

My Mac Palettes


Hey everyone! Today I went on a depotting spree and organized my mac palettes! Hope you enjoy!


My Blush Palette:
Top: Dollymix, Well dressed, Shy Beauty (Beauty powder blush)
Bottom: Sweetness (Beauty Powder Blush), Feeling (Beauty Powder Blush), Trace Gold



My Brown Palette
Top Row: Wedge, Honey Lust, Saddle, Mulch, Espresso
Middle Row: Soft Brown, All that glitters, Cosmic (L.E.), Bronze, Coppering
Bottom Row: Grand Entrance (Starflash), sable, woodwinked, satin taupe, antiqued



My Yellow/Green/Blue Palette:
Top: Rice paper, amber lights, mutany pigment (Naughty Nauticals), tilt, freshwater
Middle: motif, rule, steamy, bell bottom blue pigment (Naughty Nauticals), blue flame (cool heat)
Bottom: gold mine, velvet moss, fiction, bang on blue, prussian



My Pinks/Purples Palette:
Top: Yogurt, swish, mythology, pink pearl, idol eyes
Middle:pen n pink, sunset b (starflash), banshee, stars n rockets, top hat (starflash)
Bottom: da bling, sushi flower, post haste, trax, sketch


My Neutral Palette (not filled)
Top: Vanilla pigment, shroom, fine shine
Middle: naked pigment, brule, knight divine
Bottom: dazzelight, honesty, typographic

32 comments on "My Mac Palettes"

Anonymous said...

ah-mazing job elle! looks great!
~shirley

Gabriela Kirkland on January 2, 2009 at 1:11 AM said...

Looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

beautiful ! you're so lucky to have all those empties to turn into MAC for free eyeshadows, lipsticks or glosses =]

Holly on January 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM said...

What is the difference between blush and beauty powder blush?

Susan Tinsley on January 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM said...

haha, my Honesty is almost gone too! Love that colour - my first ever MAC eyeshaddow =P The palettes look fabulous.... xoxo

Pretty in Pink on January 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM said...

The pinks palette made me reminisce about my first MAC purchase (when I was like 11 lol) which was Yogurt and Swish. And my first MAC lipstick was B Cup. I wore such fun colors back then!

Great post, Elle! Your MAC palettes are gorg!

. on January 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

Woo, I love them, I got my first palettes today I had so much fun depot & all that, I have a few of the same shadows too!

Anonymous said...

This might be a silly question, but where did you get the blank palettes from?

Thanks Elle! I love your collection!!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing, Elle!
It sucks though that MAC just changed it so that you can't Back To MAC the eyeshadows without the metal pans.

JoolsVoiceOver on January 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM said...

WOW GREAT COLLECTION ELLE :0)

Anonymous said...

Great collection! I've just been reorganizing my palettes and need to get another empty one *sigh*

Pretty in Pink on January 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM said...

@ Anonymous
You can ask for them at any MAC store (not counter) or order them over the phone.

Anonymous said...

love your palettes!
I'd like to see a look w/Tilt!

Anonymous said...

Your neutrals palette looks almost exactly the same as mine! :)

Anonymous said...

I want your browns/neutrals palette - I'm such a sucker for pretty neutrals :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle~

I just watched your You Tube video featuring the purple smokey look [very lovely :)] When you said you worried about getting wrinkles around your eyes from tugging on them in order to apply your liner, I remembered a tip.

I once saw a eyeliner tutorial in which a girl used a Q-Tip to gently stretch the skin on her eyelid before she applied her liner. Instead of pulling her skin (with the Q-Tip) at the outer corner of the eye she went slightly beyond it (below where her eyebrow ended). It looked much gentler than tugging on it with a finger. I know this might add a few seconds to one's beauty routine, but it might be well worth it (considering it could decrease fine lines and wrinkles in the future).

It would be cool if you tried it on your own and if it works for you, then you could consider adding it to your routine. I've tried it, and while it takes some getting use to, it does ease the stress on the delicate skin around the eye.

P.S. If it's just too complicated, try gently pulling on the outer corner of your upper lid using your ring finger (instead of your index or middle finger). The ring finger has the least amount of force/pressure.

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the tutorial that illustrates what I'm talking about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdp_UAvA1zk

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the confusion-she uses the Q-Tip on top of the eye (in her video) I've tried it on the outer part (like I described in my post) so I don't smudge my eyeshadow. I think either way would work though.

Anonymous said...

heyi sweety...
just wanted to know a little about the blush TRACE GOLD and the color COSMIC e/s. i was not into MAC collection when this moonbathe collection came...so i m little curious about cosmic..what is it like...what color does it compares to...n stuff...
Also can trace gold be a dupe for otherwordly blush frm moonbathe collection which was amazing!!!!!

Ella on January 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM said...

just loke those palettes and they seem to be pretty good, not like mine :)

on my blog, i also posted some video tutorials made by you, hope you dont mind :(

kath on January 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM said...

do you know if i can buy a 4 eye shadow palette in a 'normal' MAC store? i've heard some people saying that i could only get them at a MAC pro store and some other people saying that the 4 eyeshadow one is avaliable everywhere and 14 one it's just avaliable at a pro store.
and that was confusing lol

Anonymous said...

i know this is a mac palette. but where can I get an urban decay palette??

Pretty in Pink on January 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM said...

@ resham
trace gold is a very pretty gold shimmery blush and some use it as a bronzer or highlighter. it needs to be applied with a light hand, in my opinion, otherwise the shimmer of it will make your pores look huge!

Pretty in Pink on January 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

@ kath
my store is not a pro store and i am still able to buy palettes including 4-pan palettes there. you could call your local store to double check before you go.

Pretty in Pink on January 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM said...

@ anonymous
you can get the urban decay palette at sephora, ulta, or any urban decay counter in department stores

Erica on January 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM said...

Love them!
Do you know if its possible to get my loose bare escentuals eye colors into a pod?
Please help. I love the colors but they are so messy.

Anonymous said...

I love all your videos. I love ur bed spread. I want it :)

Erin Allison on January 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM said...

Come back! You haven't posted in a while!

Anonymous said...

pleasseeeeee tell me how you depot?! im so scared of ruining my shadows!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh my! So many nice things! I love specially the purple eyeshadows!

I have dollymix and sweetness, they're lovely!

Anonymous said...

anyone knows where to get the color 'banshee'?
i couldnt even find it on the MAC website
help pls

Jannie on January 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM said...

my favorite palettes are the brown and pink and purple ones and the blush palette too. :)

it's fun watching your youtube videos. especially the makeup collection one. it's very cute and probably one of the most organized i've ever seen. i also liked the 10 products i regret buying video because that saved me some money from buying a bobbi brown eyeshadow. :)

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b