Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post of 2009


Its 11:56 PM on December 31st as I write this. 2010 is going to be a crazy year for me - I am graduating college this year and the year "2010" has always been in the back of my mind because of this. It's a little terrifying. This year was a good one; I reached 158,000 subscribers on YouTube which is insane! I had my one year YouTube birthday and hit a view bumps, but I am still loving it - even more than I was last year at this time!

Here are my New Years Resolutions - maybe on December 31st, 2010 I will do another post and see how many of these I accomplished :)

1) To drink more water (8 cups a day) and less diet coke (max 1 a day).
2) To continue to eat healthy and stay the size I am now (at least I don't have the dreaded "lose weight" resolution!)
3) To graduate in may from college
4) To continue YouTube and not slack on videos like I did some this year.
5) To meet a nice boy! (LOL!)
6) To update this blog at least 5 times a month (cause I'm a major slacker on here too)

Okay now it's your turn - what are your resolutions?


42 comments on "Last Post of 2009"

Kathleen said...

Mine is to work harder in school!

Anonymous said...

My NY Resolutions are:

1.Get a job :)
2. Don't eat french fries and continue not to drink soda.
3. Read more books.

tofupoo on January 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM said...

Sounds great Elle, im sooo happy for you! 2009 was mostly poo for me but it had some good points, one of which being that i discovered the YT makeup community :).
I was supposed to be graduating in 2010 aswell, but I've been slow/switched majors lots so that will not happen for a while
anywho my resolutions!
1)I want to weight train! I lost so much weight and looked really good when i was weight training like a year ago, i need to go to like a manly gym for this
2) i want a bigger butt >(
3) i want to move far far away from where im at right now. Which will happen for sure, since ive already been accepted to a west coast UNi.
4) uhmmmmmaybe make YT vids
5) look at something positively before i look at it in a negative sense
6) a man sounds good, im with you on that
thats all ive got so far
yayay 2010 treat me goood!

Monica said...

1. Get a job to afford driver's ed
2. continue doing makeup art
3. study harder
4. quit judging people
5. worship Him the proper way

Ryan on January 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM said...

My resolutions areee;

-The dreaded lose weight one!
-Get atleast pne @reply from you, your sister, and TiffanyD because thats a really big dream of mine, cause you guys are pretty much celebrities. ( im kodasaurs08 :)
-Do good in school
-Post atleast 2 makeup videos on youtube.


<3333

Jessica Samantha on January 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM said...

MERRY NEW YEAR ELLE!!

Brandie Lynn on January 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM said...

Be healthier by losing a few fat pounds & gaining some muscle. And drink more water!

Become employed.

Be more positive.

Start looking into grad school.

And the whole finding a nice boy thing would be great too, lol.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple:

-Post at least 6 times a week on my blog
-Practice dance 4 hours a week
-Write another book, even if only a rough draft.

Among other things, I have quite a few!

Anonymous said...

-stop impulsive shopping
-drink more water
Happy New Year Elle!

Crystal S. on January 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM said...

1. Finish my book
2. Be nice (not stressed!)
3. Take things as they come
4. Come up with more fun things for my little girl and me to do
5. Stop spending so much $!
6. Organize/decorate my house
7. Get healthier (by working out, relaxing, drinking more water...the list goes on! LOL)
8. Pay attention to my blog/YouTube account again

sarah said...

mine are to learn how to cook stuff that's not from a box. lol
and to eat healthier :)

Emma on January 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM said...

1.) work out daily during my off season
2.) master konad nail art
3.) eat five fruits (or veggies) every day
4.) full time summer job
5.) stop eating out of boredom
6.) get along better with my family

thanks so much Elle for having so many awesome (and helpful) videos!

Anonymous said...

1. NOT CRACK MY KNUCKLES haha this is a hard one for me... i dont want my fingers to look ugly :(

2. Drink more water and green tea

3. Practice the piano more

4. Run for 20 minutes every day

5. Not to snack past 7!

6. Get off the computer between 3-6pm - im addicted haha

7. Get 1k subscribers on youtube! (ricepaper17) haha

8. Log my money expenses

9. Stick to my new skin routine for the entire year

10. 4.0 GPA.... i do wish :)

wow... thats quite alot and pretty unrealistic. i hope i accomplish at least 8!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with keeping to your resolutions!

I've just posted my New Year resolutions on my blog, but I'll write them here anyway:

1) Learn how to drive
2) Eat Less sweets!
3) Drink More Water
4) Join a gym (Never going to happen, I know what I'm like)

Happy New Year :)

Anonymous said...

Im gonna try drinking more water too :) x

shella on January 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

Hi Elle,

First off I just wanted to let you know I love yours & your sister's youtube vids!!

My New Years resolutions include:

- Getting a diagnosis (I've been a bit ill) & beginning treatment

- Getting an A on the course I'm taking this term

- Get a new job!

Unknown on January 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM said...

1) Increase the number of followers on my fashion blog
2) spend more time with friends and family

Fashion Police on January 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM said...

elle, i love when you post on your blog!!
Tell your sister to start posting more on hers 2!! Happy new year!!
resolutions:
by the end of the year, to be happy with all of the friends i have, knowing that those will be the friends that i will stick with forever

Vicky on January 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM said...

Here are mines:
1) Work harder at school.
2) Read a book every night be4 I go to sleep.
3) Save up some money.
4) Loose some weight.
5) Find something I like doing.
6) Get a good grades at the end of the school year :)

MundoDaMaquiagem on January 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM said...

Hello! I am Brazilian and I live in Portugal, work at Sephora perfumery and also do gel nails ... I am following your blog, you are a dear. Pass it on mine, is written in Portuguese, but you can always translate it by google. LOL
Kisses

Anonymous said...

im drinking more water as well, and i need too lose wait...

Two Cents Makeup on January 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM said...

my new years resolution is to get a makeup blog going just like this one! im just getting started, but go check it out when you can!
http://twocentsmakeup.blogspot.com

HPLunadraco on January 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM said...

I need to consume less SUGAR! That Clinique Lab report I saw at Bloomingdales has scared me about sugar and sun exposure. I don't want my skin to suffer!

Violet on January 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM said...

- be more organized! do my homework right when i get it, and organize my room!
- drink tons more water
- keep my skincare routine every morning and night.

Anonymous said...

1.get better grades
2.stay the same size as i am now
3.have a nice boyfriend:/
4.get a job
5.make softball tryouts

Anonymous said...

Hey Elle!
my new years resolutions:
- get an A average @ school
- do much more communitee work
- Get in shape/ tighten up my body

Anonymous said...

Hey,I am finishing college in may too after four years its so exciting!ok so heres my resoltions hope i can stick to them.

1.learn how to drive
2.actually use my gym membership
3.be healthier
4.This is a goal more than a resoltion but I wanna get a first in my degreee ekk hope I can do it!!

Katelyn on January 4, 2010 at 1:13 AM said...

I just ordered a key chain from Glitzy-Glam and I'm very excited to see it when it gets here! I wrote a little blurb on my blog

-Best Wishes,
Kate

Freckle on January 4, 2010 at 3:56 AM said...

Happy New Year :-)

My resolutions are:

1. have more fun-time with my kids - don't want to rant and rave at them so often
2. get my correspondence course done (or finish it except for the exams)
3. lose 20 kg (hope it works, still breast-feeding my baby)
4. spend 1 evening a week with my husband when kids are asleep (don't want to be hitting the books every night)

... I could go on for ever! :-)

Anonymous said...

If only finding a nice mature boy was easy ;D

buyitgirl83 said...

I agree with the drinking more water... It's good all the way around. Also trying P90X. Love that it has Kenpo (sp?) and Yoga. You should check out I'm doing it more for tone than for weight loss. Hope you had a Happy New Year! Keep up the good works =)

Brittany on January 6, 2010 at 5:03 PM said...

Thanks Elle for your post and being so honest! Good luck with your resolutions. Here's a couple of mine:

1. Finish everything I start
2. No more fried foods...NONE
3. Drink more water
4. Loose weight..like so many others! ;)
5. Manage my money better
6. Find (and go!), to church.
7. Work more with my kids and their school work.

Happy New Year and keep up the great videos and everything!

Dominique said...

1) Definitly drink more water
2) Maintain my exercice routine that I have now
3) Start Yoga with my boyfriend
4) Try to not wear sweats 4/5 days of the week :P
5) Decorate my apartment
6) Keep learning and applying whatever I learn from beauty gurus on YT :)

Happy New Year!

Alyssa said...

I'm with you on the diet coke thing. I'm trying to stick to caffeine free and only have 1 a day..but i just can't eat anything salty without those cravings..

Anonymous said...

omgoodness diet coke is SOOOOO bad for you!!

the carbonation that can be found in diet soda leads to fluid retention, and just because its low in sugar doesnt mean its not high in other crappy things for your body!

and one diet coke a day?

you are seriously asking to die prematurely

Anonymous said...

1) lose weight and be more healthy (I want to be size 8uk)
2) have the courage to remove all my wisdom teeth (eeek)
3) volunteer in a hospital (during summer)
4) work harder in college
5) meet a nice boy (:p)
6)get out of my comfort zone
7) party more
8)meet new people

Anonymous said...

Sounds good:)
I don't really believe in resolutions...
But I do want to eat healthier and continue being a good student:)

Beluga on January 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM said...

1. Get A job!!

2. To eat healthy, workout daily, and to take better care of myself in everything I do.

3. To pay off my school bills!

Kimberly on January 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM said...

YAY, Class of 2010!!!!
I graduate from UC Irvine in June :D

Platinum Princess on January 16, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

i know, i know... but seriously, i want to go down a couple of sizes. and definitely eat healthier and work out more (failing at that one.. haha)
AMEN to you wanting to meet a nice boy... don't we all?? follow me
PlatinumPrincess121.blogspot.com
for all MY fabulous boy troubles

Jessaminex on March 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/water-myths

I was thinking the same thing about the water, until I read this. =D Hope it will help.

Jessaminex on March 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/water-myths

I was thinking the same thing about the water, until I read this. =D Hope it will help.

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b