I have been keeping you very updated on Project 10 Lush, so I will just do a mini review of the final product that I used up, a little shower gel called Flying Fox. Flying Fox smells lovely, a mix of jasmine and honey, two of my favorite scents. This is the type of scent I reach for in the evenings, but it also rejuvenates me in the mornings since I love the smell. I will probably repurchase this in the future, but for now I want to try out some new products since I haven't gotten to buy anything new lately.
As far as Project 10 Pan goes, last I blogged I had completed 4 products. Here are the final 6:
- My Carmex "bland" lip balm, which I somehow liked enough to finish up. I don't have much to say on this balm except that it sat on my nightstand for a couple months and so it was bound to eventually get used up... I'm not sure I would repurchase though, I have way too many more balms to finish up first.
- C.O. Bigalow Cinnoment Mentha Lip Shine: one of my favorites that I have repurchased time and time again; it smells like cookies. I always have one of these in my purse, which is why it was one of the first to be used up. I can't help but smile when I have this on, it smells (and tastes) so good!
- Mac MSF Natural in Light Medium: This one was tricky to finish up, just because it is not the right shade for me. I am actually a Medium in the winter and a Medium Deep in the summer, but by the time I realized this I had used too much to feel right about selling it on a blog sale, so I decided to use it up. I wore this on days where I wasn't going anywhere important but I still wanted some coverage. It took a few months, but this product is now finished.
- Clinique Superfit Foundation: I actually had 2 of these sitting in my drawer that were both about half completed, so I decided if I used them both up it could count as one product towards my project 10 pan. I had used this foundation for years when I decided I wanted to venture off and try something new, and found my beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. I don't dislike this foundation, I just got bored with it and the makeup junkie inside me wanted to try out new products. I am glad these are used up though; they were making me feel a bit guilty sitting in my drawer, unlike some MAC ones that I can justify not using because they break me out.
- MAC Plush Lash Mascara: I used this up because I knew it was going to go bad soon, not because I loved it. Mascaras can't be trusted after the 3 month mark (of opening/using it) so I keep track of which ones are going to go bad when, and this one was next in line. Out of all MAC mascaras plush lash is my favorite, but I prefer L'oreal Telescopic or Benefit Badgal Lash.
- Victoria's Secret Lip Plumper in Baby Pink: I love this stuff. It gives your lips a soft pink tinge, and tingles just a tad to let you know it's plumping up your lips, but doesn't burn like some lip plumpers. The packaging is also pretty, very streamlined and feminine. The only thing I didn't like was the applicator, I am not a big fan of the click up brush tip applicators; they don't seem very sanitary!
I am very happy to have completed this project, as it was generally a pain in the butt. The second you set limits on yourself you immediately want to defy yourself, but I managed to be 90% good. I say 90% because I was sent some free stuff over the course of this project, so I did get the pleasure of trying out new things without actually breaking the rules, but I think if I had not I might have cheated - hence only being 90% good. I award myself a B+ for this project. Also, I found that lip glosses and mascaras are the easiest products to use up, probably because I apply copious amounts of them daily.
For those of you that were doing this project along with me, how is it coming? Let me know in the comments! I think you can leave a comment with your twitter account now, which is kinda cool (I installed a new program).