Saturday, January 9, 2010

Beauty favs of the moment


I'm on a bit of a blog kick aren't I? We just checked into our hotel near the airport, since we are leaving for LA early in the morning. We are staying at a Hampton Inn and our room is HUGE! Blair and I are sharing a king size bed and mom is across the room snuggled up next to the heater (she is always cold. Exact opposite of me, since I am always hot). Anywhooo....

I didn't get around to doing a December favorites so I figured I would do a little post about my beauty favs of the moment. Here it goes:

Hair:
Redken Guts - gives me volume and helps my hair not get greasy on the second day of not washing it. It comes out as a mousse that you run into your roots, and it gives you a bit of lift.

Redken Fabricate - An aerosol heat protectant you spray onto your hair before you use a flat iron. I love this stuff! It seems to give my hair a little bit of hold as well.

Framsi Wio Balm - This is a straightening balm that I put in my hair while it is wet. My roommate has used it for years so I borrowed it for my how to get a vampire boyfriend video. I had to order one for myself because it really made a difference. The only annoying part is it is really hard to find.

Makeup/Nails:
OPI Polish in "Bubble Bath" - the perfect pale pink/white. I love the color and I love the name. Enough said.
Nars Laguna Bronzer - One of my all time favorite bronzers. I have repurchased this several times. Keeps me bronzed in the winter months.

Mac "Teddy" Eye Kohl - a chocolate brown liner with a touch of bronze. This is pretty when I don't feel like going too dark.

That's all I can think of at the moment. My mom has already passed out and I am getting realllly sleepy.

Elle Fowler

48 comments on "Beauty favs of the moment"

Obsessed.Makup.Addict on January 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM said...

LOVE OPI bubble bar

Unknown on January 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM said...

have fun in la!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you will have a GREAT time in LA! California is the BEST, I love all of your videos you and blair are both beautiful girls :) Lemme know if you will ever come down to San Diego and enjoy the beach!

Madeline Veenstra on January 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM said...

Thanks for the Redken recommendation! I would love to try bubble bath polish as well, it sounds gorgeous :)

Just came across your blog/channel today and have spent the most part of it watching your videos, they are fantastic. Have added you to my blogroll + reader!

Anonymous said...

im yet to try nars laguna bronzer!!

None on January 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM said...

Please check your email
or message me on Twitter: Rosabearr

I just wanted to say,I live in Los Angeles area, CA

tofupoo on January 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM said...

im glad youve been very updatey! i check my blogger all the time to see if there is anything new and fun to read. usually its only 2 things or nothing :(, so im glad youve been updating :D

Kristina on January 10, 2010 at 4:08 AM said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time in Los Angeles aka my home=] I love hearing about how much fun people have when they are visiting here. Have you been to the famous In-N-Out yet?

Samajo on January 10, 2010 at 4:13 AM said...

Ohhh OPI bubble bath, i got that for christmas and i love it. have fun in LA...wish I could be there :(
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

I've seen the results of Guts and it's one product that I think is worth its cost. My cousin has somewhat curly hair and when she'd put in Guts after a shower, her hair would look permed. It worked amazingly well on her curls.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that both of you wont be making videos for a while?? x

Perfectly Polished on January 10, 2010 at 6:05 AM said...

for beauty and nail tips please check out my blog!

http://perfectlypolished25.blogspot.com/

xx

Silje on January 10, 2010 at 6:16 AM said...

Just came across your youtube videos when I search for "clinique foundation" and glad that I did. Great videos, blog and tips!:)

Anonymous said...

Cool faves. I'm totally going to try some of those!!!

Anonymous said...

im glad you've been very updately. I love too the bubble bath nail polish.

abbzzw on January 10, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

Great post lovely!! got a couple of my faves in there too!

Have an awesome time in LA :D x

Two Cents Makeup on January 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

I've never tried OPI Bubble Bath, I'm going to have to now!

The Librarian on January 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM said...

I happen to love you so much, and your makeup tutorials are wonderfull!!! your personality is what ties it all together and makes it fun! you're amazin, and dont ever stop making tutorials!!

o0oCarinao0o on January 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

Hope you have fun in LA.

<3

~Bubbles and Kisses~
o0o Carina o0o

Anonymous said...

What do you think about fredrik fekkai hair products?

Anonymous said...

Awesome Elle! i love yaa<3 im thinkin of trying laguna bronzerr! =]

<3,
christina or xxmakeupisawesomexx on youtube =]

Cali C on January 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM said...

sounds fun! :)
I'm going to check out that polish, sounds awesome...

http://www.timelessfashionista.net/

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun!

Unknown on January 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

Hey Elle- Love the fact that your blogging like a madwoman- very fun to read!! You've inspired me to create my own beauty blog.
Lots of love, Kendall

Kate on January 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM said...

Love you and your sister on YouTube, your videos are great!

http://katey0787.blogspot.com/

When Annie Met Makeup on January 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM said...

I just bought laguna bronzer and I love it too!!

MC on January 13, 2010 at 11:58 PM said...

Bubble Bath is sooo pretty! My sister got my into it. I also like OPI Mod About You if you want a more opaque pink.

kissonthechic on January 16, 2010 at 6:19 PM said...

i love the OPI polish and NARS Laguna <3 keep blogging Elle!!

check out my beauty & fashion blog <3

Serial_Shopper on January 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM said...

I love your blog & ur vids! Hope u had fun in LA(:

Musicalhouses on January 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM said...

I have to say, despite my huge polish collection, I've yet to try Bubble bath =hides=

Lexie on January 23, 2010 at 9:05 PM said...

Hey Elle!:) I'm a real big fan of you and Blair! Well anyways today i just realized that together that yours and Blairs pets are Teddy Bear get it 'cause Teddy and Bear together are Teddy bear!haha i know that was pointless but hey i was thinking about your two adorable family members!:)) But anyway interesting blogs!:))

Laura on January 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM said...

I think your blog design is adorable.

And NARS laguna bronzer is AMAZING!

Do you like Puerto Vallarta Violeta by O.P.I.? I'm loving it. Such a simple but beautiful colour.

Bethany Haitch on January 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM said...

Oooo!
I watched your video the other day of your bloopers!
They were so funny ur so funny do more of the blooper things =)

http://bethanyoox.blogspot.com/

ZANAH on February 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

I need to check out the OPI Bubble Bath... great post ! Thx for sharing :) Mon Mode Blog

Anonymous said...

Is Laguna still being discontinued?

http://missdazzledust.blogspot.com/

canadianprincesskayla on February 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM said...

Hi Elle,

I really think you are great! You are such an inpiration and very beautiful.

I want to be a beauty guru but I can't post videos on youtube. I decided I could blog everything but i'm having trouble starting off. Do you have any suggestions on how to make my blog better or get more followers? Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Heres my blog link http://dream-believe-hope.blogspot.com/ I hope you can check it out!

Marie on February 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

OPI Polish in Bubble Bath really is the perfect pale pink!Ü

Vaida on February 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM said...

OPI bubble bath... i love that colour :))

Sarah on February 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM said...

Hey!
Love your videos and your blog!But I have one question about your violet bed linen which I can see in a lot of your videos in the backround.Where did you get this??
I love it!
Greets

Anonymous said...

Love your blog & youtube channel!! : )

Anonymous said...

how do u get 2 FAQ's-the link doesn't change my screen. thx.

p.s. i <3 ur videos and think u r so inspiring! :)

classycupcake45 on February 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM said...

hey elle please i would love it if you would check out my blog thx :]

Unknown on February 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM said...

Liked the post. Some very helpful stuff.

breating on February 21, 2010 at 1:14 PM said...

Hi gorgeous!

Nice blog, So i was just wondering what jacket Blair is wearing in one of your videos from NYC fashion week! it is a leather one and you guys are at the mercedes-thing...

let me know!

Anyways have a great day

over and out

La Dolce Moda on February 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM said...

love the blog&vlog
I'm a total fan!
I've been following all of the videos, specially the ones from NYFW!
CONGRATULATIONS!
BYE:)

Oh and by the way, this is my blog: http://ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com/ I'd love if u could stop by

Skin Care Junkie on February 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM said...

Hey Elle!
First off, love love love all your reviews. I always watch your videos and I love the blog as well, it's nice to read quick summaries sometimes. I was on this other new blog I found (yummyobsessions.blogspot.com) and they mentioned tarina tarantino's brushes being launched at sephora.
any word on them? they're super cute, that's why the blogger mentioned them. Also, I'm on the hunt for a good concealer brush. Usually use my fingers, but it'd be nice to have a brush as well.

Anyone - let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

my fav nail color is almost the exact same as yours its opi isnt it romantic i love the color

Anonymous said...

OMG! i thought i was the only one who knew about Framsi Wio Straightening Balm. Its awesome.

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b