Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hot Pink Tipped Nails


So Summer is coming up, and with that comes bright nail polish! I have officially put away my favorite dark polishes like Opi's Lincoln Park After Dark in favor of bright pinks, corals, and tangerines. Today I am wearing Opi's Strawberry Margarita and China Glaze's Temptation Carnation. 

First apply a clear base coat, I use one from Sally Hanson. 
Then apply a hot pink color to the tips. I used Opi's Strawberry Margarita but you can use whatever you have laying around! I did this free-handed, I just took my time and painted the tips (it didn't take more than 20 seconds a nail). 
Then apply a light pink shimmery color all over the nail. I used China Glaze's Temptation Carnation. The lighter and sheerer your color is the best this is going to work. You don't want to distort the hot pink too much. 
I finished by adding a clear top coat. You can use this technique with any two colors you want! It's a easy way to look summery :)

Forgive the low quality picture, my camera broke and this is off my computer's webcam (aka - not good). I am going to be buying a new camera soon so I can take better quality pictures! 

20 comments on "Hot Pink Tipped Nails"

Lynn on April 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM said...

Looks like fun! I just got the OPI color. Love your blog and vids on YouTube.
XOXO Radha

EDiddy on April 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM said...

Love this and you elle! i love the tip color..its a great combo for spring and summer!

Jen said...

Very pretty! OPI is the best polish (coolest colors, best quality, and funkiest names). I always look forward to your videos and blog posts.

*Would you consider doing a video on your favorite nail polishes/nail products???*

. on April 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

gorgeous combination, I might have to consider those colours there so pretty for summer. Goodjob :)

Check my blog thanku,
Muchlove.
Katie xxx

Anonymous said...

pretty! summer is coming up, can't wait to use my bright nail polishes as well :)

Carlinn on April 10, 2009 at 2:45 AM said...

Those look cute!

Shortiee31 on April 10, 2009 at 4:44 AM said...

I did a look like that on my blog too :p During fall though.. I just wear whatever my mood is like lol. :)

Edna on April 10, 2009 at 4:54 AM said...

pretty girly nails :)

Cupcake on April 10, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

Ive just got a lovley bright bubblegum pink nail varnish from Barry M (not sure if its available outside the uk). Ive got some pics of it on my blog : )
LOving the girly, summery nails I just need some sunny weather now instead of all this rain!!

Anonymous said...

hi elle!!!


i read that you like country music...
can you do a country music artist style tutorial... such as carrie underwood ... or whoever you like..

xoxo


wish you the best

TiffanyD on April 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM said...

Such a pretty combo! Love it Elle! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! Could you do a review on your favorite types of facial masks? I have dry skin like you and I have been looking for some good hydrating masks.
Thanks

Hollistergirl1O1 on April 11, 2009 at 2:00 AM said...

The picture is not bad at all. It's cute. love the design. perfect for spring and summer. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love pretty pinks for summer, although now I'm swapping all my brights for darks as it's getting cooler here :)
Love your blog!

Caz on April 17, 2009 at 5:46 AM said...

will give this a go!!!
love your blog
check out mine
xx

DluxEdition.com on April 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM said...

Hey!

Pink tips always look pretty! Strawberry Margarita looks very cute! I want that!

Check out my nail tutorials on You Tube if you want :) (I'm kittynail)

Vicky 25-36 on April 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM said...

this looks great! Strawberry Margarita looks lovely!

Beth on May 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM said...

love that colour :)
you might like my blog:)
please follow me it would be much apreciated:)

www.littlebrew.blogspot.com

love your blog xx

Bee on June 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM said...

SO freakin' cute. Thanks for this idea.

Anonymous said...

Love love love! I am doing a review on a nail polish like the bottom colour sooon :):) xoxo

Post a Comment

 

Elle Fowler Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez

ss_blog_claim=941dacbcbd77f1b77a19a34351d0506b